Huion Kamas pro 24 pen issues. lags and freezes

hello, I recently upgraded to a Kamvas 24 pro from a Kamvas GT-191. My 191 was my first display tablet and I had it for 4 years with no issues. But I decided to upgrade for the charge-less pen, hotkeys and better color payoff. I was hesitant because it was still so new and there weren't any notable reviews, but because my prior model didn't give me any issues I decided to stick with another Huion product and take a chance. I received my 24 pro late August 2020 and it was working fine until recently- September 24th 2020. The pen lags and freezes, jumping all around my screen, this happens every few minutes making it very aggravating to draw. I never had pen issues with my GT-191. In fact I reinstalled the driver to my 191 to test if it was my PC giving me the freezing issue but the pen performed just fine. For spending 900 dollars on this upgrade and it already giving me issues not even a month in makes me worry for the longevity of this investment.
here are the things I've tried so far to fix this issue:
-no firmware needed
-Uninstall and reinstall the driver/ reinstalled my art programs/ restarted PC
-changed USB ports
-Turn off windows ink
-Set the tablet driver priority to high in task manager
This happens with every art program I use and even just using the pen for basic desktop navigation. 
I have a windows 10 home laptop on a 64-bit operating system. 

mp4
(11.7 MB)
  • Hi Cristine Mason, we are sorry to know about the pen issue you have with your Kamvas Pro 24. Thank you for providing a video of your issue and the steps you've done so far. I will convert this post to a ticket so we can do one final test on your tablet. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi,

I'm sorry to say I'm seeing a similar issue. Seem to be unrelated to the pen as it also locks up while typing this message. The mouse cursor continues to move but wont respond to clicks until the device 'wakes up'. It does only appear to be an issue on this device. My second monitor doesn't have the same issue. I have taken similar steps as described above. This is an 8 core desktop PC with a good amount of ram and ok gpu.

Sad times.

:-(

• Hi Dominic Birmingham, kindly provide the following:

1. Your tablet's model
    2. The version of the driver you've installed. Please provide all versions that you've tried.
    3. Your computer's operating system and version
    4. Does the issue happen with or without the driver?
    5. Does it happen in all software?

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Sure.

1. Its a Huion Kamvas pro 24.

2. 14.8.166.1482

3. Windows 10 Pro,, 10.0.18363 Build 18363

4. Not sure what this means, that tablet wouldnt work at all without the driver. I have not noticed this issue when the tablet is unplugged.

5. So far yes; For drawing I've tested Photoshop, Krita and Paint. The issue appears to be present on all software including Whatsapp  and even this instance of chrome as I type.

It seems to me to be a driver error. Like an input device that is being disconnected and reconnected. Ill try some other usb ports.... Im 90% sure its the same issue. Here is an image showing where it went wrong when I wrote 'before', after 'seconds' 

• Different USB ports didn't help. I'm going to reboot and reinstall my graphics card driver as well....

• Graphics card update also didnt help. Such as shame, when it works it a lovely bit of kit. :_(

• Hi Dominic Birmingham, thank you for your replies. Kindly uninstall 14.8.166.1482 and install 14.8.153. I've attached the said driver below. Please follow the steps below:

1. Properly uninstall the current driver you have and unplug your tablet from your computer. Make sure there are no other tablet drivers installed on your computer, whether from us or from other brands. Having multiple tablet drivers will cause your tablet to malfunction.
    2. Plug your tablet back in and try using your tablet without a driver. Check if the pen works fine even without a driver installed.
    3. Unplug your tablet from the computer again and it would better if you restart your computer.
    4. Install the attached driver below and make sure that your tablet is not connected to your computer, your antivirus is turned off and all your drawing programs are closed as you do so.
    5. Once installed, plug your tablet back in and check if the issue is resolved. 

If your issue is not resolved by following the steps above, please send an email to service@huion.com with the following information:

• Serial number (found at the back of your tablet, right after S/N)
    • Your purchase order number
    • A short description of your issue. You can also provide the link to this topic so you don't have to repeat yourself. We will further test your tablet using our software.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login to post a comment