TABLE OF CONTENTS
- List of Huion Pen Display with Full-featured USB-C Port
- Technical Requirements for Devices
- Method to Tell Devices Meet the Requirements
- List of Compatible Devices
On January 6, 2020, Huion released the Huion Kamvas 13, the first pen display that supports a one-cable connection. Except for the regular 3-in-1 USB-C port transporting HDMI signal, the Huion Kamvas 13 also equips a full-featured USB-C port transporting DP signal. This port can connect the pen display to a computer or Android device via a full-featured USB-C to USB-C cable.
List of Huion Pen Display with Full-featured USB-C Port
For now, these are the models which support USB-C to USB-C connections:
- Kamvas 12
- Kamvas 13
- Kamvas 16 (2021)
- Kamvas Pro 13 (2.5K)
- Kamvas Pro 16 (2.5K)
- Kamvas Pro 16 (4K) and Kamvas Pro 16 Plus (4K)
- Kamvas 22 and 24 Plus
- Kamvas 24 and 24 Plus
- Kamvas Pro 24 (4K)
Technical Requirements for Devices
Before you purchase the above-mentioned Huion pen displays, please note the following technical requirements for the said devices:
- The USB-C port of the phones, tablets, and computers at least supports USB3.1 GEN1 data transfer protocol and DP1.2 Alt mode
- The full-featured USB-C to USB-C cable at least supports USB3.1 GEN1 data transfer protocol and DP1.2 Alt mode (You can only use the Huion USB-C to USB-C cable on Kamvas 13. But you can use the cable from other brands on Kamvas 22 and Kamvas 22 Plus.)
Method to Tell If Devices Meet the Requirements
1. Check if the USB-C port of your devices supports Thunderbolt 3
If the USB-C port support Thunderbolt 3, it can support USB3.1 GEN1 data transfer protocol and DP1.2 Alt Mode. You can look for the little lightning bolt symbol next to the port, which often differentiates it from a standard USB-C port.
Thunderbolt 3 is a hardware interface developed by Intel. It shares USB-C connectors with USB, and can require special "active" cables for maximum performance for cable lengths over 0.5 meters (1.5 feet). Compared to Thunderbolt 2, it doubles the bandwidth to 40 Gbit/s (5 GB/s), allowing up to 4-lane PCIe 3.0, 8-lane DisplayPort 1.2, and USB 3.1 10 Gbit/s.
From Wikipedia: Thunderbolt (interface)
You can also check the list of devices that support Thunderbolt 3 from the THUNDERBOLT website.
2. Check if the USB-C ports of your devices support all 3 items below:
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 (up to 5 Gbps)
- Native DisplayPort 1.2 video output (DisplayPort over USB Type-C)
All USB-C ports support charging. But not all USB-C ports support USB 3.1 Gen 1 and DisplayPort over USB Type-C. USB Type-C connectors that support the USB 3.1 Gen 1 typically include the corresponding USB symbol below:
USB Type-C connectors that support the DisplayPort over USB Type-C will generally include the DisplayPort (DP) logo near the connector.
You can also check the list of devices that support DisplayPort over USB Type-C from the DisplayPort website.
3. Read the manual of your devices or ask the technical support to confirm the USB-C port technical standards of your devices
List of Compatible Devices
1. Compatible Computers
2. Compatible Android Devices
|Huawei||P20/P20 Pro/P20 RS|
1. The phones listed left support full-screen display on Kamvas 12, Kamvas 13, Kamvas 16 (2021), Kamvas 22, Kamvas 22 Plus, Kamvas Pro 16 (4K), and Kamvas Pro 16 Plus (4K).
2. It is recommended to use Samsung phones to demonstrate the phone connection features outside mainland China.
3. Some other Android Devices that at least support USB3.1 GEN1 data transfer protocol and DP1.2 are also compatible.
|P40/P40 Pro/P40 Pro Plus|
|Mate 10/Mate10 Pro|
|Mate 20/Mate20 Pro/Mate20 X|
|Mate 30/Mate30 Pro/Mate 30 RS/Mate 30E Pro|
|Mate 40/Mate40 Pro/Mate 40 Pro+/Mate 40 RS|
|Mate X/Mate X2|
|Samsung||Galaxy Note 8|
|Galaxy Note 9|
|Galaxy Note 10/10+/10+ 5G|
|Galaxy Note 20/20 Ultra 5G|
|Galaxy S20 5G/S20+ 5G/S20 Ultra 5G|
|Galaxy S21 5G/S21+ 5G/S21 Ultra 5G|
|Galaxy S22 5G/S22+ 5G/S22 Ultra 5G|
|Galaxy Z Fold/Galaxy Z Fold 2|
|Galaxy A90 5G|
|Galaxy Tab S4|
|Galaxy Tab S5e|
|Galaxy Tab S6|
|Galaxy Tab S7/S7+|
|Galaxy Tab S8/S8+/S8 Ultra|
|Galaxy Tab S9/S9+/S9 Ultra|
If you still have questions about the article, please feel free to submit a ticket to us.