When you have pen pressure in other Adobe Illustrator versions but not in Adobe Illustrator 2022, here are the steps to help you resolve this issue:
- Step 1: Install the Huion driver. The following article will help you how to do so correctly: How to Install Huion Driver on MacOS. Make sure that the pen tablet or pen display can work properly after the driver is installed.
- Step 2: Set up the pen pressure on Adobe Illustrator 2022, please follow the steps from this article: How to Setup Pen Pressure on Adobe Illustrator.
- Step 3: Download and install Adobe Illustrator 2020 (keep Adobe Illustrator 2022; no need to uninstall it).
- Step 4: Open Adobe Illustrator 2020 and on the pop-up window, press “OK”.
- Step 5: Close Adobe Illustrator 2020 and restart Adobe Illustrator 2022. You should have pen pressure on Adobe Illustrator 2022 by now.
1. Please use Adobe Illustrator 2022 V26.0, not above V26.0.
2. If Adobe Illustrator 2020 does not appear on the Creative Cloud application list, please reach out to Adobe Support.
If you still encounter a pen pressure issue in Adobe Illustrator 2022 on your Mac computer after properly following the steps above, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Driver version you've installed
- MacOS version
- Specific Adobe Illustrator 2022 and 2020 versions
- All plugins you have installed on your Adobe Illustrator programs