How to tell if your graphic input device has tilt support and how to use it? (Windows)
Doubts on how to use the function of brush tilt and how to tell if their devices have such a function are raised by lots of users who have bought the latest products with the tilt support since these products were released by Huion in July 2018. Check the guidelines below to see how to use the function of brush tilt.
To make sure if your pen tablet or pen display has tilt support, you can visit our official website and enter the model to check the specifications or consult after-sales.
Once you have confirmed that your device supports brush tilt, you can download programs that support tilt function, such as Photoshop and Krita. The following guideline is based on Photoshop. (* Sai does not support brush tilt. )
Photoshop & tilt support
OS: Windows 10
Version: 7 SP1 6.1.7601.24231 Photoshop CC 2018
Model: H950P pen tablet
(1) Make sure your pen tablet is connected to the computer, with the icon at the bottom right corner of the desktop as indicated.
(2) Run Photoshop and choose painting. Click Window → find workspace → choose Painting
(3) Create a new canvas. Click Document → Create new → enter length and width → click Create
(4) Find pen tools and choose the brush, and activate the brush real-time preview. (*Only brush with tip supports tilt function, take the one shown in the following picture as your reference.)
Now everything is ready for a test and see if your device supports brush tilt. If the stylus shown in the upper left corner moves and tilts accordingly to the stylus held in your hand, it indicates your device supports brush tilt, and you will find the lines input on the same side where the stylus tilts relatively heavier and vice versa.
Rendering of lines input with different gestures
1. Input with stylus tilted to the right
2. Input with stylus tilted to the left
3. No tilt
4. Input with stylus tilted forwards
5. Input with stylus tilted backward
Otherwise, there will be no tilted stylus shown in the upper left corner if your pen tablet or pen display does not support brush tilt. Scientifically, pen tablets or pen displays that support brush tilt ensure more lifelike lines.
If you want to check whether the model you own comes with tilt support or not, please take a look at the following models with tilt support:
- Graphic Tablets: WH1409 V2, Q11K V2, H610Pro V2, H1161, H1060P, H950P, HS610, HS611, RTS-300, RTM-500, RTP-700, H580X, H610X, H320M, Q620M, KD200, G930L, Q630M
- KAMVAS SERIES: KAMVAS 16 (2019), GT-156 (2019), RDS-160, KAMVAS 12, KAMVAS 13, KAMVAS 16 (2021), KAMVAS 20, KAMVAS 2
- KAMVAS PRO SERIES: KAMVAS Pro 22, KAMVAS PRO 22 (2019), KAMVAS Pro 20, KAMVAS PRO 20 (2019), KAMVAS PRO 16, KAMVAS Pro 13, KAMVAS Pro 12, KAMVAS PRO 16 PREMIUM, KAMVAS PRO 24, KAMVAS PRO 24 (4K), KAMVAS PRO 13 (2.5K), KAMVAS PRO 16 (2.5K), KAMVAS PRO 16 (4K), KAMVAS PRO 16 PLUS (4K)
- PEN COMPUTER: KAMVAS STUDIO 22