When you plug in your tablet’s USB cable to your computer’s USB port, you may encounter the following error: “USB device not recognized”. This error is commonly encountered on computers running on Windows that may be caused by the following:
- There may be a possible conflict between two or more connected USB devices
- The driver may have been corrupted or missing
- There is a problem with the USB port or the port may be broken
- The USB driver isn’t properly formatted
- The USB device was not detected or is not showing on your computer
If you encounter this error, please try the following methods to solve this issue:
A. Method #1: Restart your computer
Sometimes, the issue is fixed by merely restarting your computer a few times. Here’s what you need to do:
- Unplug your tablet from your computer.
- After a few minutes, restart your computer.
- Plug your tablet back in and check if the error still pops up.
- Repeat steps #1-3 a few times.
B. Method #2: Try using your tablet on a different computer
- If you have access to another computer, please try plugging your tablet to another computer and check whether the other computer was able to detect your tablet.
C. Method #3: Uninstall USB controllers
- Click the “Search” icon on the taskbar and type “Device Manager”.
- On the search results, choose “Device Manager” and click “Open” to launch the Device Manager window.
- On the Device Manager window, expand the “Universal Serial Bus controllers”.
- Right-click the USB controller with the issue and click on the “Uninstall device” to remove it. Repeat these steps for all USB controllers with an issue under the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Unplug your tablet, restart your computer and plug your tablet back in. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you've uninstalled after the computer starts.
D. Method #4: Update Windows
- Install the latest Windows updates by clicking on the Start button > Settings Icon > Updates & Security.
- On the “Update and Security” screen, click on Windows Update on the left-hand side menu and click on the “Check For Updates” button.
- Allow Windows to check for available updates and install them to your computer
If the abovementioned steps do not resolve your issue, please contact our Customer Support at email@example.com.