Encountered a Device disconnected problem when using Huion products but don't know how to fix it? Don't worry! This tutorial will help you.
This issue may be caused by either of the following reasons:
- The driver was not installed correctly
- The USB cable or the computer's USB port is damaged or loose
- The computer system lacks certain components
Method 1. For Windows Users
- For Windows system users, first, run with administrator privileges and restart the driver software.
- Or click "Administrator Privileges" on the driver panel. You can find it at the bottom area of the "About" tab.
Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the driver
- Uninstalling the driver. For windows, please check Three Methods to Uninstall Huion Drivers from Windows 7 to uninstall the driver properly, and for Mac, please check How to Uninstall the HUION MAC Driver V13 or V14 Properly. Uninstall old drivers and all other tablet drivers, whether from Huion or other brands.
- Unplug and Replug the USB cable. Please check if the cursor is working properly without the driver installed. If the cursor works normally, that means the hardware has no problem.
- Reinstall the driver. If the hardware has no problem, please check if you have installed the driver correctly. You can visit our official website (https://www.huion.com/download) to download the corresponding driver for your graphic tablet and reinstall the driver. On how to install the driver properly on Windows, please check How to Install Huion Drivers on Windows. On how to install the driver properly on Mac, please check the article on How to Install Huion Driver on MacOS.
NOTE: Make sure that your tablet is not connected to your computer, your antivirus is turned off and all your drawing programs are closed when installing the driver.
Method 3. Troubleshoot USB cable and ports.
If the two methods above don't work, please try these steps:
- Graphic Tablet Users
- Touch the pen on the tablet's surface and check whether the pen indicator on the tablet will light up. If the light is on, it means that the connection of the tablet, USB cable, and the power supply of the computer's USB port is normal. Thus, the issue is caused by other factors.
- Otherwise, you must first try connecting to another USB port or replace the USB cable. If you are using a desktop computer, it is better to plug it into the computer's rear USB port.
- Tablet Display Users
- Please try connecting to another USB port on your computer or replace the USB cable if you have a spare one. If you are using a desktop computer, it is better to plug it into the computer's rear USB port.
Method 4. Use another computer to test.
If you have installed the driver properly without any issue but the problem still persists, please use another computer to test, without installing the driver. If it works on another computer, it is possible that the previous computer system lacks some components which caused the driver to fail to connect.
If you have tried all the methods mentioned above but it still shows Device disconnected and the pen won't move after uninstalling the driver, then it might be possible that the port of the graphic tablet is damaged or the graphic tablet itself is damaged. If so, please contact our support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. The support staff may need to remotely access your computer in certain cases.