Solved

Not working on MacOS Big Sur

Driver stopped working on MacOS Big Sur. The update is out now for recent macs. 

The Driver will always say it's disconnected no matter if the tablet service is restarted or the latest driver is re-installed.

It's not my tablet because it works as expected on Windows.

3 people have this problem
  • Hi Colin, since your tablet works on a different MacOS version, the issue is caused by the driver. Please try the steps below:

1. Properly uninstall the tablet driver and make sure there are no other tablet drivers installed on your computer, whether from us or other brands. Having multiple tablet drivers will cause issues on your tablet and driver's performance. You can check on this by opening your applications and your activity monitor.
    2. After you've uninstalled all tablet drivers, restart your computer.
    3. Install the attached driver and follow the steps in the attached instructions.
    4. Please make sure that you connect both the USB and HDMI cables to your Mac computer. If you are using an adapter, please try a different adapter.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

pkg
    pdf
  • Thanks for the reply.

Actually in the meantime I had managed to get a 12.1.0 driver (posted earlier on this thread) working.

But now I have installed the 12.2.0 you suggest, and it is working.

I have just a few comments:

1) When I first install, it places a folder in my Applications folder, but the permissions do not allow me to access it (see the screenshot). So I changed the permissions to "read only" for everyone and "read and write" for my own user account. I deleted where it says "fetching". Is this correct?

2) In order for it to save any settings I change (for example stylus button functions), I have to also change the permissions for the .plist file. Same as above, with "read and write" for my own account. Also listed is "wheel" but I don't know what this is, so did not change it

3) I find that after restarting the computer, I have to actually open the Tabletdriverpanel app, before the driver will work (otherwise the stylus just acts as if no driver is present). Is this how it is supposed to work? If so, should I make the Tabletdriverpanel app one of the ones that MacOs automatically starts when I start up the computer

4) Finally, perhaps it would be helpful to put these drivers on your main driver downloads page, because then we could just find the correct driver for our device/OS straight away. I am pleased it's now working, but I wasted maybe 2 hours yesterday trying to find a driver that would work.

• Hi Colin, how did you find the plist file? I'm also struggling with the same problem on MacOS 11.2.2 with the v12.2.0 driver.

• Update: I found the plist file. I did what Colin did, but it doesn't work on my MacOS Big Sur 11.2.2. It keeps saying "Device Connected" but the stylus doesn't do anything, even though the green light turns on on the tablet.

• Worth trying updating Big Sur to 11.2.3?

Probably unlikely to help though

• Hi Colin, kindly find the answers below:

1. Changing the permission to allow access to the said folder is correct.
    2. Normally, there is no need to do this step since the settings can be saved in the driver itself.
    3. Yes, you can set your computer to automatically run the app when you start up your computer.
    4. Thank you for pointing that out. We upload the drivers when all tests have been done. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi,

I did the MacOs Big Sur update on my Macbook yesterday. Since after connecting my Huion 1060PLUS tab the pen pressure did not work, I updated the drivers and installed the latest update for the huion driver but still, the pen pressure doesn't work.

I also followed the above-mentioned steps and other various ways but still, the pen pressure doesn't work.

Please tell what to do.

• Hi Vaishnavi Mahimkar, does the tablet driver show "Device connected"? Don't you have any pen pressure in all of your drawing and/or writing programs?

Please try these steps:

1. Properly uninstall the tablet driver; don't just update or reinstall directly. You have to uninstall it the proper way. Here's an article to guide you: How to Uninstall the HUION MAC Driver V13 or V14 Properly
    2. Unplug your tablet from your computer and restart your computer.
    3. Reinstall the driver then connect your tablet to your computer. You can follow the steps found in this article: How to Install Huion Driver on MacOS

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi Orliza Amodia, It shows Device disconnected
  • Hi Vaishnavi Mahimkar, since your tablet driver shows "Device disconnected", this is the main reason why you don't have pen pressure. We have several 1060 tablet versions; 1060Pro (2048), 1060Pro+, New 1060Plus (2048), New 1060Plus (8192), and 1060Pro (8192). May I know which version do you have? 

Here's an article that can help you with your issue: What To Do When Huion Driver Shows Device Disconnected?

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi, Orliza I have the 1060PLUS (2048) tablet
  • Hi Vaishnavi Mahimkar, thank you. Which driver version did you install? If you installed a version 14 driver, this is the main reason why the driver shows "Device disconnected" and your tablet doesn't have pen pressure. The right driver version for your tablet is version 12. Kindly install the attached driver and follow the instructions in the attached PDF file.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

pkg
    pdf
  • Hi!

I have a Huion H640P and tryied to make it work on my MacBook with Big Sur 11.2.3 but it keep always "device disconected".
    I tryied with the versions 14.6.0.210128 and the 14.4.5.201030 for Mac OS following all the processes from the support, changing the USB cable, and all possible things to try make it work but it dosent.

Someone can help me?

• Hi Tatiane Brito, kindly try the steps found in this article: What To Do When Huion Driver Shows Device Disconnected?. If your issue is not resolved, please send the following to service@huion.com so we can test your tablet further:

• Serial number (found at the back of your tablet, right after S/N)
    • Order number
    • Your MacOS Big Sur version
    • The versions of the driver you've installed
    • Link to a video as you tried connecting a different cable to your tablet (if you have a spare one)

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• well, my problem is: the pen test doesn't works. the device is connected but the pen... this is soo frustrating 

Login to post a comment