Kamvas 13 Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

Hey there! Recently bought the Kamvas 13 from Amazon and immediately fell in love with it but recently its been having issues staying connected. I'm using the 3-1 cable and it will start a cycle of disconnecting and reconnecting. The screen will stay on but the led light will be constantly turning off then on with the windows noise signaling a device being disconnected. I've tried updating the driver (none available), reinstalling the driver, unplugging the tablet and plugging it back in but it always ends up doing this. Is this a driver issue? Cable issue? Bad tablet?

10 people have this problem
  • So it's not a driver problem? We are back to replacement cable solution now? Come on Huion!

• Hi wanganga, based on our observation, there are several factors that have caused this issue. Some users had their issues resolved by using a different driver. Others got resolved after getting a cable replacement. If both solutions don't work with your tablet, it is possible that the issue is with your unit itself. Thus, kindly send an email to service@huion.com to be further assisted.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hello Orliza Amodia

the cable would make no sense to me at all. I have the tablet running fine on another laptop.

Both laptops have the same Windows 10 pro installation, hardware is different:

Machine that is working (no disconnect issues):

Lenovo P53

64Gb Ram

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz

Quadro T1000

Driver version: V14.8.153.1344

Machine that is not working (my girlfriends laptop for which i bought the tablet as a present)

Lenovo T450S

Intel Core i7-5600U

16 GB of Ram

Intel HD graphics

Driver version: Tried all drivers that i could find / are suggested here.

• I have been going through all these same issues. I opened a support ticket 2 days ago: #115822

Support has not responded yet! I am considering returning the tablet.  It is sad because I really like the tablet if it would just stay connected.

• Hi Monte Wolford, we apologize for the late reply due to the high ticket volume we are currently handling. I will have your ticket prioritized. Kindly check our reply shortly.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi Hendrik Vingerhoet, thank you for providing the additional information. Since it works fine on a different computer, it is possible that the issue is with the Lenovo T450S computer. Is it possible for you to check with the computer manufacturer if there may be some computer settings that need to be adjusted?

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Let me first try 5 other computers in the same spec range that i have here, i think if you sell a product it should work at least on 6 out of 7 of the without hassle...

As for contacting lenovo, i can do that but i am willing to bet that they will refer me back to you. Also i am a software developer (have been for 16 years) and IT manager, so it is not as if i did not try anything that i can think of, even changing various bios settings regarding usb sleep etc. I cant think of anything else...
    What still boggles my mind is that it works for about 4 hours longer when we kill your driver application, that screams driver issues. 
    Any update on what your development team thinks would be welcome, and not a simple they are looking into it, would like to hear their opinions, i am at the point that i am about to disassemble your driver application to figure out more, i have all the tooling to do that laying arround anyway. The 31st (last return date) is coming fast at this point i am still at sending it back and getting a Wacom and while this is not fixed i would recommend everyone to do the same!

Kind regards, 

Hendrik Vingerhoet

1 person likes this
  • Following on from Hendrik's email.

I am using the device with a Lenovo T450s, Core i7, 12 GB RAM, Windows 10 64 bit.

Device still disconnects/reconnects but is useable when the pen is in contact with the screen.

Based on this information, could it be that the drivers don't work properly with older hardware? The Thinkpad P53 is a newer machine than the T450s.

• Hi all, 

Just want to update, Huion customer support sent me a new driver, called 'HuionTablet_WinDriver_v15.2.0.390' and it solve my disconnecting problem so far. Tested it for 8 hours since yesterday without any single disconnecting. I hope Huion release the new driver soon.

•  Following on from Hendrik's post, I have the same setup with the T450s and the same issue.

Could it be that the drivers do not work with older hardware?

• @wanganga is there any way you could share the driver? My mail is h.vingerhoet(AT)gmail.c o m , would be nice to give that a try :)

Kind regards, 

Hendrik Vingerhoet

3 people like this
  •  Maybe Huion could share the drivers with us here?

• The driver link huion shared with me is this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rGvjKCwo5eOBB3K6Uv2tX6Lza3IzvVLJ/view?usp=sharing
    Opening steam client, chrome browser makes 2-4 times disconnecting trouble. Also plugging in or out any usb device even connecting any bluetooth device to the pc makes the tablet disconnect/reconnect 2-4 times. So it doesn't fully fixes the problem but better than older drivers. I'm returning my tablet. I  have waited to see if it will be fixed by software side but I had enough of this and my returning period is closing in.

• running into the same issue just submitted a ticket. i'm very disappointed with how they are handling this issue I've had my device since christmas and have been waiting patiently on a driver solution.  if it's a driver issue they need to just come out and say it or if it's a hardware issue they need to start replacing the tablets with a working one along with the shipping costs to return the faulty one

• @ali ihsan zirek I have steam client and chrome with many tabs opened too, but I don't have the problem since that driver installed. But I noticed the windows audio crashes when I run the driver, not sure if it is caused by the driver or not, easy fix from task manager. Looks like Huion driver is very system sensitive, they really need to fix this.

Login to post a comment