[Kamvas GT-190] Pen doesn't work unless it's plugged

The pen doesn't work on my Kamvas GT-190 unless it's plugged into my laptop.

I've tried everything : plugging everything in and out, charging my pen overnight, restarting my computer, changing the nib, installing different versions. Nothing works.

Precisions : 

- The tablet came with 2 pens and neither of them is working. The other pen doesn't even work when plugged in.

- I bought the tablet 6 or 7 years ago, and did not use it for at least 3 years. 

I hope you'll be able to help me.

• Hi Manou, I'm sorry about your pens. Your pen has a rechargeable battery inside and has a specific lifespan, usually around 5 years, whether used or not. Thus, since one of your pens on works while plugged into the charging cable, the lithium battery inside it can no longer hold a charge. Sadly, the original pen model that came with your tablet has been discontinued. However, we have a replacement pen for those models manufactured in 2017 or later. May you kindly provide the first 7 digits of your tablet's serial number? You can find it on the back of your tablet, which starts with S/N, and is usually below the barcode. I will recommend the replacement pen once I check your tablet's manufacture date.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi, Thank you for your answer. Serial number is : 81DA4SH00783. I hope you'll be able to help me.
  • Hi Manou, thank you for your quick reply. I'm glad to inform you that your tablet was manufactured in 2018. Thus, you can purchase the Battery Pen PEN68D. Please update your country on the top-right area before placing your order. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment