Can I program a key on Inspiroy 2 as Escape ("Esc") key ( Ubuntu 20.04 ) ?

Any press of the Escape key while the attached window is active makes the window disappear without actually programming that key ?

• Hi  Sven Nurber, may you kindly provide the following so I can forward it to our software engineers?

1. Driver version
    2. Ubuntu 20.04 version
    3. A video as you try assigning the Escape key to your tablet's press key

I look forward to your reply. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi.  Please see below:

Information below would be helpful for the troubleshoot and improvement:
        OS Version:linux5.15.0-89-genericUbuntu 20.04.6 LTS20.04
        Driver Version:v15.0.0.107
        Device Model:
        Firmware Version:

• Hi Sven Nurber, thank you for your reply. May I know if you deleted the pre-assigned shortcut first before pressing the "ESC" key? Kindly try the following steps:

1. Click the "x' to delete the current shortcut assigned to the button.
    2. Click on the space beside the "x" (to the left) and press the "ESC" key on your keyboard.

If you performed the steps above and still encountered the problem, kindly provide a video as you customize your tablet's press key so I can forward it to our software engineers for further review. We would appreciate it if you could use your phone or an external camera so we can see your tablet and your screen as you perform the steps above. If your video file is too large, kindly upload it to cloud storage and share the link with us. Please remove the restrictions so anyone with the link can view it. 

I eagerly await your reply!

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Thanks for reply.  "Esc" key would seem to be intercepted by your app to close the active window as mentioned initially.  See that attached video in which you will see the window disappear every time I key "Esc" although I am able to key "Shift+Esc" as an example.

webm
  • Hi Sven, I'm sorry for the late reply. Kindly try this driver, and ensure you properly uninstall the one you currently have on your computer: HuionTablet_LinuxDriver_v15.0.0.151.x86_64. You can refer to this article: How to Install and Uninstall the Drivers on Linux Devices.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi.  Sorry for delay.  Yes, provided driver works as intended with Esc key now being captured in driver config!  Thank you for providing.  Driver config now default to Chinese, how to save to English ?

Login or Signup to post a comment