Solved

Huion Kamvas 13 Pen requires to push harder to register and side buttons glitched out

So recently I had bought the Kamvas 13 since 2 months ago and it was working pretty well until literally 2 hours ago… I was drawing, the pen was working as usual, and then I went to take some water downstairs. I came back up to draw again and that’s when I noticed: - The pen requires me to push the nib slightly harder to register a click… A light tap doesn’t register as a click anymore (it would work with a light tap before this) - The side button somehow got messed up with the bigger side registering as a full pressure click and the smaller button being registered to whatever was set for the bigger button in the Huion application settings… Everything else worked fine, just somehow the pen became oddly glitched or something very suddenly. And I honestly don’t know if this was because the pen became faulty and needs replacement, or it was the software issue… Tried everything as I can, reinstalling the driver, updating the driver, restarting my PC, checking the settings, etc, nothing seemed to resolve the issue… Tried to Google for a solution but most of the issues faced by others were alot more different than mine, and not this issue specifically. So I’m posting this to see if anyone can either help resolve the issue or explain why it was doing this… thanks
  • I wanted to add on a bit on the “light tap” point. Before this, I was able to lightly draw and tap with ease as it would register straight away, but now I had to literally push the nib harder and it’s now pretty annoying just to especially draw with a light pressure
  • Hi Adam LOL, I'm sorry about your pen issue. Kindly try the following:

1. Change your pen nib with a new one.
    2. Ensure no dust particles are inside your pen tip, since dust can cause electromagnetic interference resulting in malfunction.
    3. Ensure you properly uninstall and reinstall your tablet driver. When installing your tablet driver, disconnect your tablet from your computer, close all your drawing programs, and turn off your antivirus. You can check out the proper steps from this link: Huion Support: Setup & Use - General Settings.
    4. If you can access another computer, please check if you have the same issue with another computer. 

Please let me know if you continue having the same issue after trying the steps above so we can check your pen further for hardware problems. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi there, I have just resolved the issue just now!
    Apparently the nib gotten moved slightly to the top it didn't register properly to the pen and the pen goes funky because of it... I resolved it by pressing down the nib on my table as much as I can to ensure the nib was really in the pen and now it worked flawlessly again (even the side pen buttons are working as it should now)!

Anywho, thanks for giving the tip about the nib itself!

• Hi Adam LOL, I'm glad your issue is resolved by inserting the pen nib properly. It's my pleasure to be of assistance. Have a productive day!

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support