Option to turn off automatic "Tool" Press Keys entirely

Hello! 

I am using a Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2. Recently, my tablet driver (both the most recent driver version, and second most version) automatically override CTRL + Z to 'revoke'. I am unsure if it is a bug, but any 'revoke' shortcut will not work as an Undo shortcut at all, meaning it is useless to me. I am getting extremely frustrated and have pretty much stopped using my tablet because of this. No matter what I tried (installing an older driver, uninstalling every other driver version, resetting my PC files, and many more) I was never able to fix this. 

I am asking for an option somewhere to turn off this automatic shortcut, because my tablet worked perfectly fine using CTRL + Z, and every single graphics software uses that as an Undo button. It is driving me insane. 

• hi, I'm pizza tower

I understand your frustration with the issue you're facing with your Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 tablet driver overriding the CTRL + Z shortcut. This can indeed be quite disruptive, especially when working with graphics software that relies on CTRL + Z as the standard Undo command. Here are some steps you can take to potentially resolve this issue:

Huion Tablet Driver Settings:

Open the Huion Tablet driver software on your computer.

Look for any settings related to key mappings or hotkeys.

Check if there is an option to customize or disable specific shortcut mappings.

If you find any such settings, modify or disable the shortcut that interferes with CTRL + Z.

Reinstall the Driver:

Completely uninstall the current Huion tablet driver from your computer.

Download the latest driver for your Huion tablet from the official website.

Install the new driver and configure it to see if the issue persists.

Check for System-Wide Hotkey Conflicts:

In some cases, your system may have assigned the same shortcut (CTRL + Z) to a different function or application.

Check your system's keyboard shortcut settings to ensure that there are no conflicts with the CTRL + Z key combination.

Update Your Graphics Software:

Ensure that your graphics software is up to date. Sometimes, software updates include bug fixes that address compatibility issues with input devices.

Contact Huion Support:

If the issue persists after trying the above steps, consider reaching out to Huion's customer support. They may be able to provide you with specific guidance or even release a driver update that addresses the problem.

Temporary Workaround:

In the meantime, you can use alternative keyboard shortcuts for Undo within your graphics software. Many programs allow you to customize keyboard shortcuts, so you can assign a different key combination for Undo.

Remember that software and driver issues can sometimes be specific to the hardware, operating system, or other factors, so it's essential to reach out to both Huion support and the support for the graphics software you're using for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific solutions or updates to address this inconvenience and make your tablet more usable for your work.

Login or Signup to post a comment