Huion Kamvas Pro 16 Breaks Monitor Resolution

When I plug my tablet in, it immediately distorts and alters the coloration of my monitor, giving everything on it a strange yellow tint and making it so that the display no longer actually fits on the monitor (the taskbar is no longer visible, desktop shortcuts at the top of the screen are cut off, etc.) Is this a common issue, and, if so, is there a known fix?

The graphics driver and the driver for the tablet are both up to date, tried restarting the computer, changing the resolution, etc. The monitor and the tablet have the same resolution. Unplugging the monitor immediately fixes the issue. 

• Hi barren, I'm sorry about the display issue you're experiencing. I will create a ticket for you so I can assist you better.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• The yellow color is created by the Night Light feature, which changes the display's color. Choose the 'Settings' from the list of options displayed when you right-click the Start button on the Taskbar.

• If possible, try connecting your monitor to another device, such as a different computer or a different tablet. This will help determine if the issue is specific to your tablet or if there's a problem with the monitor itself.

• This will assist identify whether the problem is unique to your tablet or if the monitor isn't working properly. 

• The issue you're describing sounds like it could be related to the graphics settings or drivers on your computer. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:

1. Check Graphics Settings:

• Right-click on your desktop and select "Display settings" (in Windows) or open System Preferences > Displays (on a Mac).
    • Ensure that the display settings are configured correctly. Check the resolution and orientation settings to make sure they match your monitor's native resolution.

2. Update Graphics Drivers:

• Even though you mentioned that the graphics driver is up to date, it's worth double-checking. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel) to download and install the latest drivers directly.

3. Check Color Calibration:

• Check the color calibration settings for your monitor. Make sure they are set to default or adjust them to your preference.

4. Check Tablet Settings:

• In the tablet settings, see if there are any options that might affect the display settings when the tablet is connected. Some tablets come with additional settings that might interfere with the monitor display.

5. Try Different Ports and Cables:

• If you're using different ports (HDMI, DisplayPort, etc.) or cables to connect your tablet and monitor, try using different ones. Faulty cables or ports could sometimes cause display issues.

6. Disable Graphics Enhancement Software:

• If you have any third-party graphics enhancement software installed (like f.lux, Night Light, etc.), try disabling them and see if the issue persists.

7. Check Power Settings: 

• Ensure that your computer's power settings are not causing display issues when the tablet is connected. Some power-saving features might affect the graphics output.

8. Check for Interference:

• Ensure there are no other devices or electronic appliances causing interference with the tablet or monitor.

9. Check for Windows Update:

• Sometimes, Windows updates can address compatibility issues. Make sure your operating system is up to date.

10. Contact Tablet and Monitor Support:

• If the issue persists, reach out to the support teams of both your tablet and monitor. They might have specific insights into known issues or provide device-specific solutions.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it might be a good idea to consult with technical support for your tablet and monitor, as they might have encountered similar cases and can provide more tailored assistance.

Login or Signup to post a comment