Kamvas 13 connected but doesn't show any display

I've tried multiple steps to solve this but I'm still unable to, so I post here for help.

Issue: Kamvas 13 suddenly kept disconnecting and reconnecting, and sometimes only connected while not displaying anything (power button has red light), sometimes can be used only once with blinking green light but will be unusable after I disconnect again (see attached image and videos). I've tried the tablet on a different PC and also in the official Huion seller store in Indonesia, and I can confirm that there are no issues on the cable and tablet. So it's likely the issue is on my PC

• PC is new, it has no issues on its USB ports. I've tested with different devices
  • PC is powerful enough to handle the tablet. I've tried with much lower-spec PC and it works fine
  • HDMI and display port has no issues, have tried with different monitors

What I've tested and didn't work:
  • Reinstalled Huion tablet driver
  • Disable and re-enable display adapter on device manager
  • Switching USB ports and HDMI (this does have a little difference. Sometimes it's disconnect-reconnecting, sometimes it's just red light on button)
  • Updated graphic drivers
  • Reset my multiple display settings
  • Changing USB port settings to not allow saving power
  • Plugging the red cable to a USB adapter charger, and plug it to an outlet (normally I plug everything to my PC)

This issue suddenly shows up after 3 years of usage so I'm really confused on why it happened. It's been like this for almost a week as of writing. I also can't use USB C to USB C cable because my PC doesn't support it, so that's not an option. My guess is this is either a driver issue, or a power issue. But I'm not too sure myself

mp4
mp4
  • Hi Alwin, when you tried your tablet in our reseller's store, did the tablet work fine or did it have the same issues? When you use an adapter with your red USB-A cable, does the adapter have at least 5V 2A output capability? May you kindly provide a video of your cable connection from your tablet to your computer? Please provide your computer's graphic card model as well.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi Orliza. I've asked for tech support from my country's Huion main distributor and it's working fine now. So far what we know is this works fine, but every time I connect the tablet I need to switch display projection settings (Win+P) from Extend to PC Screen Only and then to Extend again. After that I can use the tablet as usual.

As for your questions:

• They (both tablet and cable) don't have any issues in the reseller's store, other PC at home, and other PCs and laptops on the reseller's tech support office
    • It should have the capability
    • Image attached (Cable is the right one (with HDMI converter), red USB, and one black USB on top-right of the red USB)

I'll come back here if there are any issues again. Thanks for the response Orliza!

Regards,
    Alwin

• Hi Alwin, thank you for your reply and for the additional information. Since the issue happens only with your computer, it's possible that your computer has settings that may have caused it. Since you are using an HDMI converter, may you knidly check if you have an HDMI port on your computer's graphics card where you can connect your tablet's HDMI cable directly? We recommend connecting it directly to your computer as this will lessen the possibility of connection problems. 

Feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance. Have a productive day!

Best Regards,
    HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment