Kamvas Pro 24 dropping strokes and odd behavior in photoshop

Tech details: Kamvas pro 24 gt2402 Mac OS 13.4.1, Mac Studio with m2 chip Photoshop 24.6.0 My pen is dropping strokes in photoshop, not clicking menu items reliably, and has issues sometimes where a pen stroke is passing over another pen stroke or artwork on the same layer or other layers above and below it. Very disappointed.
mov
(11.8 MB)
  • Hi Andrea, we understand how you feel, and we apologize for all the inconveniences this caused. Does this happen only on Photoshop? Can you please check if you have similar issue with other drawing programs or on the driver's "Pressure Test" area?  If this issue persists on other programs and on the driver, this may be hardware-related. But if it only happens on Photoshop, we may need to check on this deeper. 

I saw that you have opened a ticket as well. We will further assist you there as there are several possible causes of this issue. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Thanks! I accidentally made two tickets. Anyway. It seems to work fine in the Huron pressure test area. However I tried it with the pen tool in apple preview, and the pen tool in after effects, and it acted similarly.
  • Added: when I said it acted similarly in preview and after effects, I meant similarly to photoshop. They’re all dropping strokes.
  • Hi Andrea, thank you for trying it on other drawing programs and on the pressure test area. Since it works fine in the latter, may you kindly try the following:

1. Uninstall the current driver and install the driver version 15.6.3.88. Just go to this link, Huion Drivers and Manuals, and when you pull up your tablet model, click "Older version". 
    2. When installing the driver, ensure that all your drawing programs are closed, your antivirus is turned off, and your tablet is disconnected from your computer. You can reconnect the tablet when advised to do so in the installation procedure.
    3. If you still experience the issue after installing this driver version, try pulling out your pen nib and put it back in.
    4. If it still persists, please open the driver, go to "Settings" > "About" > click the diagnosis button and try testing there.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment