Have to tap the pen several times to register on screen

The pen works… sometimes. If I tap an icon, I have to tap several times to activate what I’m clicking on. If I’m trying to draw, I have to tap the screen several times before it starts to draw. Any suggestions?
  • Hi Patrick, kindly try these steps:

1. Change your pen nib with a new one.
    2. Uninstall the tablet driver, disconnect and reconnect your tablet to your computer, then try using your tablet without the driver and see if it works fine without the driver. Please skip this step if you're using a computer with MacOS Catalina or later.
    3. Reinstall the driver and check if it detects your tablet. If it does, go to Digital Pen > Pressure Sensitivity Adjustment > then test if your pen works fine in the Pressure Test area.
    4. On your tablet driver still, if you are using a Version 15 one, click "Settings" (gear icon on the upper-right) > "About" > "Software Diagnosis" > test if your pen works fine there. 
    5. Ensure that the USB-A cable is connected securely to your computer. Try using another USB-A port if possible. If you're using an adapter, please change your adapter. 
    6. If you have access to another computer please check if your tablet works fine on another computer.

If all steps above do not resolve your issue, please let me know the following so I can create a ticket for you, and we can test your hardware further:

1. First 7 digits of your serial number (found on the back of your tablet, which starts with S/N)
    2. Your computer operating system and version
    3. The tablet driver version you installed on your computer

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• I uninstalled the driver and replaced it with the old version of the driver. That seemed to fix it.  Why would the new drivers cause so many problems?

• Hi Patrick, I'm glad the older version worked. May I know the driver versions that worked and didn't work so we can look into this? Kindly provide your computer's operating system and version as well. I'm sorry, I an unable to answer your question at the moment since I don't have enough information to verify the reason of your issue. I look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• I"m on a Mac (Ventura 13.4.1) HUION KAMVAS Pro 24 GT2401 Firmware version: Huion_M207_220823

• Apple MacOS Ventura 13.4.1

Kavas Pro 24 4K Firmware Huion_M207_220823

• Hi Patrick, thank you for providing your MacOS version, tablet model, and firmware version. May I know the tablet driver version you installed; the one that works and didn't work? You can find it in the driver, go to Settings > About tab. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• I believe the one that DID NOT work was Driver_15.6.5.48. The one that DID work is 15.6.3.88

• Hi Patrick, thank you. I'll have our software developers look into this. For now, using 15.6.3.88 is fine, so you can continue using that. We will have an updated driver version available on our official site if our developers see the need to update our drivers. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. Have a productive day!

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Many thanks for that response, Orliza Amodia. Very useful for me.

Login or Signup to post a comment