Solved

GT-191 Pen unresponsive

I have the GT-191 tablet that I got back in 2018, I used it for a while then my computer stopped being able to handle it and it's been sitting in my closet in it's box since. I've got a much better computer now and took it out to get it set up again, I've downloaded the drivers properly, it's connected and displays as expected, but the pens are completely unresponsive on the tablet. The LED charging indicators come on so they're not completely broken. 

I no longer have the original chargers so have been trying to use an old direct to power charger I found that fits properly and makes the charging indicator turn on. I suspect it may just not be the right voltage and ordered a new cord but I can't verify that's the issue until it arrives in the mail.

I've done all the typical solutions; restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers without the tablet connected to the computer, tried with and without the driver installed, toggled windows ink. The pen will not move the cursor or respond to button use.

Is there anything else I can try before the replacement charging cord arrives? Are the pens just dead from lack of use?

• Hi Gabriel, I'm sorry that your pen is no longer responding. May I know the driver version you installed?

Have you tried using the pen while connected to the cable you're using right now? Typically, Lithium-Ion batteries have their lifespan, even when not in use. Thus, kindly try using your pen while connected to the charging cable. If it only works when connected to it, it means the battery inside can no longer hold a charge. Sadly, the only solution we have in this scenario is to replace the pen. However, I'm sorry to let you know that the pen model for your tablet has already been discontinued. 

We do have another compatible pen model which you can insert a AAA battery inside. This pen works for units manufactured in 2017 or later. I can help you check your tablet's manufacture date so we can check if it's compatible with your tablet. Kindly provide the first 7 digits of your serial number, which you can find on the back of your tablet, right after S/N.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi, thank you Orliza. My current chord connects directly to a power outlet without a usb option. The new chord arrived but does not activate the LED charging indicator on my pens. It seems reasonable to assume the lithium ion batteries are indeed too old to hold charge. So I’ll proceed with trying to get a new pen if there is still a compatible model. The first seven digits of the serial number on my tablet are 7BDB7SH.
  • Sorry I missed the question about the driver version, the driver is v15.6.2.80
  • Hi Gabriel, thank you for providing the requested information, and I'm sorry that your new cord didn't work with your pen. The cable you purchased may be incorrect (even if it looks similar to what you have), or your pen is broken. But you need not worry since, based on your serial number, I'm glad your tablet was manufactured in 2017. Thus, you can purchase this pen instead: Battery Pen PEN68D. Feel free to let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• I think it will be difficult to find the right chord with the pen being discontinued. Thank you for letting me know what model will be compatible to replace the pen with!

• Hi Gabriel, I understand where you are coming from. We still have the cord for your pen which you can find in this link: Charging Cable for Rechargeable Pen. Please choose the one for PE330, which is the model of your original pen. You can try purchasing this so you can check if your rechargeable pen still works, or you can purchase the PEN68D Battery Pen directly. 

It is my pleasure to have assisted you! Thank you for using our product!

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support