huion kamvas 13 green light flickering

Hey all, I've been using Kamvas 13 for about 6 months by now and had a great time.

But from about 3 weeks ago my tablet's green light(the power button) would start flickering with no clear reason nor signal. While it flickers the device would be indicated as disconnected, and I wouldn't be able to use the tablet while the light is flickering, though the HDMI display would work.

For whatever reason the flickering stops when I press on the plastic near the power button firmly, but I'm not sure if it's bad for the tablet's health or not. Besides, the symptom would continue after a few minutes anyways.

I have a video of the flickering below for clarification.

Both the huion driver and my computer os are up to date, and for some reason the symptom is more frequent when I use the tablet compared to when no screen-to-pen interaction happens.

Hope to get this problem solved soon...

mov
(17.1 MB)
  • Hi NiN, I'm sorry about your tablet issue. And thank you for providing a video. I would like to ask the following questions so I have a better understanding on your setup:

1. When the flickering happen, does the driver also flicker between detecting your tablet and disconnecting? 
    2. Are you using the 3-in-1 cable or the USB-C to USB-C cable? 
    3. If you're using the 3-in-1 cable, did you connect the red USB-A end to your computer or a power adapter?
    4. Are you using a desktop or laptop? 
    5. What is your computer model if you're not using a custom-built one? 

Instead of pressing the area near the power button, kindly try the following steps when the flickering happens:

1. If the red USB-A end is connected to your computer, please try connecting it to another USB-A port.
    2. If the red USB-A end is connected to an adapter, please using another adapter, if you have another one. Or connect it to another power source, preferably directly to a wall socket.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi thanks for the reply.

1. the driver does not flicker when the power button flicker happens - the driver stays disconnected until the flicker stops

2 & 3. I am using the 3-in-1 cable, and I have the red cable to be connected to the power source

4 & 5. I am using a laptop, MacBook Pro (2019)

I have tried connecting the USB-A to a different power source, and it didn't work, but I haven't tried out changing the adapter. I'll give it a try and hopefully come back with a better results thanks.

• Holy molly it actually worked! Turns out that it was the adapter that caused the issue. I'm not sure if this will permanently solve the problem but thank you so much for the help!

• nevermind the flickering continued soon after :(

• Hi NiN, I'm sorry about that. I'll create a ticket for you so I can help you further.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment