Huion h640P Pen lag and skip

Hello! 

I have a Huion H640P tablet on a windows 10 laptop. My Huion pen has been acting up very recently, within the past few days  the pen will freeze and/or skip when I am putting a line down in Krita.  It works fine for about a minute or two before it begins to freeze and lag more and more. I've had  this tablet for about 5 to 6 years, and I have taken care of it very well. No scratches or loose wires.  

I had an old version of Krita and the Huion driver, both version 14, and I updated both of them to the most recent versions  of 15.The pen began to  act up when I had these old versions, so I updated the drivers and programs.I also downloaded and updated the Firmware as well.  I have tried using Photoshop and Autodesk Sketchbook as well to test if it was just the programs, but the same lag and skip happened.

I have uninstalled both versions of the new 15.  driver mutlitple times, and  restarted my laptop, but intrestingly I using Krita and all my programs before I redownloaded the driver, the pen didn't lag at all, but didn't have any pen pressure or the control of when the driver is downloaded.  So I re downloaded the driver and the pen immediately began to lag and freeze. 

I have also replaced the nib,  but the problem still persists. I can still use the pen, but it takes much longer to finish a simple sketch now. 

My older sister purchased the tablet, so I will attempt to get the purchase order number from her if she can find it. 

The serial number is 79T35SH02018. 

Thank you!

• Hi Victoria, I'm sorry about the pen issues you are experiencing with your H640P tablet. I appreciate you detailing the steps you tried, and since the pen works fine without the driver, it is possible that the driver caused the issue. However, considering the you have the tablet for 5-6 years now, we may also have to check if your hardware is working fine. Thus, I will create a ticket for you so we can further test your tablet.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Thank you so much!

• Hi Victoria, you're welcome. I have sent our software to your email. Kindly check your spam or trash folders if you didn't find it in your inbox.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment