Kamvas pro 16 Pen randomly skipping

Hi Huion team. Today I started having a problem with the pen detection in my kamvas pro 16 tablet. While drawing, the pen randomly skips and stops, this gets very annoying as this means drawing takes a lot more time as I constantly need to redo incomplete lines or have to raise and lower and click and press very hard to get the tablet to detect the pen. Earlier it was manageable but it's gotten to the point where I can barely draw. I don't know what could have caused this as I've done nothing out of the ordinary and have had this tablet for over a year now and never had an issue that was easily fixable.

I've been looking all over this site for possible fixes and I've tried them all, restarted my computer, reinstalled drivers, updated all OS and GPU drivers, moved the cables, switched ports, everything and nothing's worked, so I write to you hoping you might be able to please help me. Thank you.

• Hi Jesús, I'm sorry about your pen issue, and thank you for trying out the steps you've mentioned. Does the issue happen even when the tablet driver is not installed on your computer? May I know your computer operating system? If it's a MacOS Catalina or later, there's no need to try without the driver since your tablet won't work without the driver. But if it's Windows, kindly try doing so. I may have to convert your post into a ticket so we can test your hardware further.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hello again, I have tried it without the driver and confirm it has the exact same issue, the only way it works non stop is if I press the pen really hard against the screen, but at that point I'll just damage the pen and screen. I'm inclined to believe the issue might be the pen itself, I even tested a pen from an old tablet and while it doesn't work properly (it detects it as an eyedropper tool) it never skips or stops.

My OS is Windows 11 Pro, version 21H2

• Hi Jesús, thank you for trying it out, and for your computer information. Yes, it is possible that your pen may be the cause. With that, I'll create a ticket for you so we can test your hardware further. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hello again Huion team, I sent you by mail the information you requested about three days ago but I'm yet to receive an answer, I was wondering if there was something wrong. Thank you.

• Hi Jesús, I'm sorry for the late reply. Thank you for sending your video. 

Kindly change your pen nib to a new one and test it again, if you haven't done so already. If the issue remains, I'm afraid your pen is defective. I'm sorry about that. Please find my reply in your email.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Supply

Login or Signup to post a comment