Different firmware versions for two Kamvas Pro 24 4K tablets with different OSD menu options!

I recently ordered two Kamvas Pro 24 4K tablets and noticed a few things: 

1. The tablets have different quality/level of matte screen.  The tablet with the older firmware (and possibly earlier manufacturing date) has a very matte surface and light appears more diffuse than the tablet with the newer firmware (suggesting a more recent manufacturing date).  This isn't a huge issue, just something that I observed.

2. Both tablets have different firmware and the most immediate difference between the two is that the OSD menu on the newer tablet allows you to adjust the "colour space" - so you can select Native, sRGB, and Adobe RGB.  The older tablet doesn't have this menu.  

3. The Huion Tablet application doesn't allow you to change the colour temperature, colour space, RGB calibration, etc on the older firmware tablet, but the newer firmware tablet is configurable through the app.  

Again, none of these are huge issues, but it does make me wonder if there have been some additional updates in the firmware (bug fixes etc).  I suspect the more recently manufactured tablet is using a different panel.

So can the Kamvas Pro 24 4K firmware be updated and, if so, how?  I've already opened a ticket but haven't heard anything back (though with everyone just coming back from the holidays, I understand the delay).

Thanks.

• Hi Joel, thank you for purchasing our products! We are sorry for being unable to respond to your ticket due to the high volume after our Chinese New Year Holiday. 

To answer the things you noticed about the OSD menu and driver options, this is mainly due to the different firmware versions. Moreover, the materials may vary in different batches, thus the difference in the matte surface. 

I will have your ticket be prioritized and we will assist you further through the ticket. Hoping for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi Orliza, thank you very much.  I totally understand there must be quite a backlog of tickets after the holidays!  No worries.  

I look forward to hearing what options I have for updating the firmware on my Kamvas Pro 24 4K. :)

Thank you again.

• Hi Joel, thank you for understanding. We have replied to your ticket and we look forward to receiving the information we requested so we can determine the next course of action. Thank you!

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment