Kamvas Pro 16 Causing Huge Lag When Pen Touches Screen

As in the title; it started all of a sudden last night while I was working, first registering as a dead spot. Then, the pen didn't register at all, so I unplugged my tablet and left it overnight to figure out in the morning.

Today, the cursor drifts a short distance behind my actual pen and jumps/stutters when I try to do long strokes. Sometimes, when "undo"ing strokes, what appeared to me as separate strokes are counted as all the same motion, and sometimes after a stroke has been processed the lines will be much darker and thicker than intended, as though the pen was under great pressure.

Any input I make while the pen is close enough to register is hugely delayed -- e.g. pressing ctrl+z or navigating menus with my pen will not only be slow because of the drifting cursor, but the menus themselves will take a couple of seconds to register. I think my press key buttons are also slow to register as well. If I lift my pen up and away from the screen and interact with my trackpad and/or keyboard instead, the lag disappears.

It happens in Clip Studio Paint, Rebelle, MS Paint, and even when making test selections on my naked desktop, so it doesn't seem to be specific to a program. When my pen is down, CPU use by "Huiontabletcore.exe" jumps from around 2% to 5%, but overall performance stats are normal according to Task Manager.

I've tried changing my nib, switching to a different cable (using USB-C), uninstalling my drivers, updating my drivers and restarting my computer multiple, but nothing seems to have worked. I'm using Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem and/or know how to fix it?

• Hi dweeblet, thank you for contacting us. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Please close and exit from the Huion Tablet driver.  You can do this by right-clicking the Huion Tablet driver icon from the hidden icons in your screen's lower-right corner and clicking "Exit".

2. Install our TabletQC software, which you can download from this link: Huion TabletQC Tool.
    3. Check if the parameters on the left-hand side appear on the QC software. If you don't see the parameters, please unplug your tablet, plug it back in until the parameters appear, or reopen the QC software if needed.
    4. Draw on the QC software. You can choose to have pen pressure or use different colors as you draw from the "Menu" at the top using your mouse, or press the following keyboard shortcuts:
      a. F - enter or exit fullscreen mode (you'll have more accuracy when on fullscreen mode)
      b. B - change brush
      c. C - change color
      d. E - clear or erase
    5. Try pressing the pen buttons and the tablet's express keys (if your tablet has press keys). Test the dial, touch bar, or slider if your tablet has it, and check if the parameters change.
    6. Using a phone or other external camera devices, take a video as you perform all the steps mentioned above and send it to us (we recommend you upload the video to cloud storage such as OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox, or Google Drive and share the link with us. Please don't forget to grant permission to anyone who has a link to view it). Please don't use screen recording; it is essential that we can clearly see both the tablet, the display, and your hand as you perform the test. Please refer to the screenshot below on what to observe and do in the TabletQC software.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

1 person likes this
  • Sorry for the long delay, but I've got video footage now. Link: Huion Kamvas 16 Pro QC Tool Troubleshooting - Google Drive

• Hi dweeblet,We are sorry for our delays response due to our recent Chinese New Year Holiday. Based on the first video, we can see that you didn't "Exit" the driver before performing QC test. Could you please "Exit" the driver then do QC test again and also take a video of another QC test? By the way, may I know what version of the driver you are using when the issue occur.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment