Solved

The Kamvas 16 (2.5K) has light electricity running along the outer edge

I had the Kamvas 16 (2.5k) delivered yesterday and almost immediately noticed that I was getting lightly shocked when I touched the small metal outline with my forearm. I thought it was static electricity at first, but a quick test with a phase meter made it glow up. It happens whenever the tablet is plugged in, even with the PC turned off (It's only plugged via US, not the charger). I doubt that it's a faulty cable because I've tried different ones and the problem remains.

I've submitted a ticket to Huion but it's been a few hours of silence. Has anyone else had this problem?

  • Hi Daniel, thank you for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the tablet. Please kindly check the following things.

    1. If the earth wire of power cable of your PC is connected or not, we assume there is electric leakage of your PC and it is conduced to Kamvas Pro 16 2.5K.

    2. Please connect the power cable of Kamvas Pro 16 2.5K directly to the power adapter, not connect to your PC. Keep both USB cable and HDMI cable unplugged. In this case, if the issue will still happen.

    3. Try to connect another computer if you have access to it.

    Best Regards,

    HUION Customer Support

  •  Thanks for the reply! I've now tried to have the tablet plugged into the outlet without connecting it to the PC, and I've tried connecting it to my laptop. In both cases, the issue persisted.

  • Hi Daniel, thank you for getting back to us. It would be much appreciated if you could take a video that can clearly show how you have the pen display directly plugged into the outlet without connecting it to the PC so that we can check further. (upload to Dropbox or Google drive would be preferred and please grant permission to anyone who has the link to view it). Hoping for your kind understanding in this matter.

    Best Regards,

    HUION Customer Support

  •  There you go, I hope it helps:


    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AoyvTnCnkgCECF1zZIwyZnyJAGQ8Bzlz/view?usp=sharing


    This happens with any outlet, and it also happens with the USB C charger.

    The leak stops when I apply downward pressure to the cable (any cable) where it plugs into the tablet.

  •  There you go, I hope it helps:


    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AoyvTnCnkgCECF1zZIwyZnyJAGQ8Bzlz/view?usp=sharing


    It happens with any outlet. It also happens with the UCB C charger, and with any other cables that I've tried. The leak only stops when I apply a downward pressure on the cable where it plugs into the tablet, as shown in the video.

  •  This is my third attempt to make a post, I don't know why it's taking so long to review it.


    Link to the requested video.

  • Hi Daniel, thank you for your video. We have forwarded it to our technicians. May you kindly plug the power cable(red) directly into outlet and also plug the black USB-A cable into your PC, then use the detector to test the pen display, like you did in the video you offered. It would be much appreciated if you could still take a video of the process mentioned above.

    Best Regards,

    HUION Customer Support

  •  Here you go, I hope this helps.


    Link to the requested video.

  • Hi Daniel, thank you so much for your video. Our technician has checked the video and he concluded that the whole electricity of your house is not grounding, that's why no matter how you connect the pen display, the electrical pen flashes. We would suggest you have technician-related to check.

    Best Regards,

    HUION Customer Support

  • Thanks for the insight! However, I already consulted an electrician last week, a problematic grounding being my concern as well. He inspected the wiring of the house and said that it was all fine. What's more, no other device in the house causes the same issue. I'll still look into it, but these have been my observations so far.
  •  Hello! I looked further into the problem and thoroughly examined a number of outlets in my house. I still don't know what the issue is, but I can at least confirm that it's not with the tablet. I found an outlet I can plug everything into without any electric leaks, so it was definitely a problem with the wiring somewhere. Thanks for helping me investigate the issue!

  • Hi Daniel, thank you for getting back to us. I'm glad that you have figured out the root case, hope you could fix the wiring issue soon. Feel free to contact us again through service@huion.com whenever you need our assistance.

    Best Regards,

    HUION Customer Supp

Login or Signup to post a comment