Pen compatibility problem?

Hi there. I have the Huion (Gaomon actually, but I understand they're the same?) 1060 pro, which I bought in 2015. It's still working (thumbs up for the quality) Anyway, about a year back, I lost the pen that came with the unit. So I ordered a replacement pen, which after research, I ordered the PEN80. Before the new pen came, I found the original pen, so I just stored the replacement pen as backup. Now, I want to use the replacement pen, because the original pen is very old, and the surface feels not comfortable anymore in my hand. But there's a strange thing happening. The new pen functions as normal only if it's plugged in to the charging cable. As soon as the charging cable is unplugged, the pen stopped functioning. I charged it to full (the red light turned off), but the same thing happened. I switched to the original pen, and the original pen functions normally. It's just the new pen, the pen80 that's acting weird. I'm on windows 10, and using the original gaomon driver that came with the product. I tried installing the version 14, 15, and 16, and the tablet couldn't be recognized (reads "not connected") with those drivers. Only the old included driver works. Any help?
  • Hi Marcus Sudjojo, Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to inform that there is an issue with the chargeable battery, that's why it can not work without the charging cable plugged. Since the chargeable battery no longer save the electricity. Hoping for your kind understanding in this matter.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment