My Huion420 moves slowly and glitching

I got this tablet last year and never used it since because of this problem. I had tried several ways how to fix it but it just wouldn't. It was working fine but then suddenly when I opened my computer, It was glitching and It did detect the pen but the pen moves slowly and I had no idea what is the cause of it. Please, can anyone help? I just wanna draw. :(

• Hi Foxgamell, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the tablet. May I know if the driver shows "connected" when the issue occurs and what version of the driver you use. Did the pen moving slowly and glitching happen in a specific software or in all programmes? 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hello, the driver shows that it is connected, and the driver version I am using is "Driver_12.4.2" or, to put it completely, "12.4.2.181112" This was not caused by specific software. Thank you for replying!

• Hi Foxgamell, thank you for getting back to us. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Please exit from the Huion tablet driver and don't open the said driver. You can do this by right-clicking the Huion Tablet driver icon from the lower-right corner of your screen and clicking "Exit";
    2. Install the Huion TabletQC tool which you can download from this link: Huion TabletQC Test
    3. Check if the parameters on the left-hand side appear on the QC software. If you don't see the parameters, please unplug and plug your tablet back in until the parameters appear, or reopen the QC software again if needed.
    4. Draw on the QC software. You can choose from the "Menu" at the top using your mouse to have pen pressure or use different colors as you draw. Or press the following keyboard shortcuts:
      a. F - enter or exit fullscreen mode (you'll have more accuracy when on fullscreen mode)
      b. B - change brush
      c. C - change color
      d. E - clear or erase
    5. Try pressing the pen buttons and the express keys on the tablet (if your tablet has press keys). Test the dial, touch bar, or slider if your tablet has it, and use your pen to test your tablet's soft keys (if your tablet has it) and check if the parameters change.
    6. Using a phone or other external camera devices, take a video as you perform all of the steps mentioned above and send it to us (we recommend you upload the video to a cloud storage such as OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox, or Google Drive and please grant permission to anyone who has a link to view it). Please don't use screen recording; it is essential that we can clearly see both the tablet and the display screen as you perform the test. Please refer to the screenshot below on what to observe and do in the TabletQC software.

• my 420 USB pen tablet is not working I use a 2015 MacBook pro the pen works fine until I plug it into my mac and try the driver and then it starts glitching.  

• Hi Enoch Ezra Schaffer, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the tablet. May I know if the pen can no longer move? If so, does the driver show "connected" when the pen cannot move. Have you tried replacing the battery as the pen is battery-pen. By the way, please try to change a Mini USB cable to connect the tablet to your laptop. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Thank you for responding. I changed the batteries and the driver said connected and the pen moves but very slowly.

• Hi Enoch Ezra Schaffer, thank you for your reply. May I know what version of the driver you are using. Please kindly uninstall the driver to check if the pen will move slowly. If the issue still exists, please try Using a phone or other external camera device, take a video that can clearly show you draw in PenPressure Test. We recommend you upload your video to cloud storage such as iCloud, OneDrive, Dropbox, or Google Drive and share the link with us. Please don't forget to grant permission to anyone who has a link to view it. Please don't use screen recording; it is important that we can clearly see both the tablet, the display, and your hand as you perform the test.  

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• the driver I am using is Driver_12.2.3  and my pen works fine without the driver.

• Hi Enoch Ezra Schaffer, thank you for getting back to us. If your pen works fine without the driver it means there is no issue with pen or tablet, hardware is good. Please kindly check Idle of CPU, if it is less than 50%, it will cause the delay. By the way, please make sure that "HuionTablet" app is added to White List. If the issue still exists, we assume that it may be caused by your old  2015 MacBook pro. Hoping for your kind understanding in this matter.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• thank you 

Login or Signup to post a comment