GT-156HD V2 screen resolution is pixelated and squashed with black borders

pictures: https://imgur.com/a/UJMKz52

Okay, so, I plugged in my tablet the other day, and the display was pixelated and distorted (Way more than it shows in the photo).
So, I tried to restart it. I did that a few times, but it didn't fix.

So then, I went into the Huion app and tried to adjust the resolution, but the app showed that it was already full screen. In fact, when I tried to adjust the screen, it didn't change at all.
Then, I tried to adjust the resolution via Window's settings. But, the resolution was the correct size. Also, I couldn't even adjust the resolution size, since it was greyed out. Not sure if it's normal.

Then, I tried to extend the screen instead. It got rid of the pixeling, but the screen displayed only a corner of the screen. I couldn't adjust the size of the Huion tablet either, it was stuck at 640 x 480.

Eventually, I uninstalled and then reinstalled the tablet drivers. I tried an older version and the newest version, and they both didn't fix the problem.

Also, before this, I had a problem going on with my pen strokes, where it would curl at the end.

Now, here's the thing: When I connect the tablet to another laptop, it displays the screen just fine. Also, the strokes don't curl at the end either.

This is all so confusing, and I haven't been able to use my tablet in weeks. So, if anyone has a solution, that'd be amazing, thank you!

• Hi DovahGirl, thank you for sending the pictures of your screens and for the steps you've taken so far. Since your tablet works fine on another computer, it means that the issue is with your computer settings. May you please take a video or pictures of your computer's display settings and your tablet driver's work area settings? This will give us a better idea on how to assist you further.

Have you updated your laptop's graphics card? If you haven't, can you please update it, unplug your tablet from your computer, restart your computer, then plug your tablet back in. Let's see if updating your graphics card will resolve your issue.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• pictures: https://imgur.com/a/H01LRBb

Is this what you meant? I tried to put it all into context.

Also, I tried updating my drivers, but they were already up to date. Still squashed, hope you can help me!

•  Hello? Sorry to reply twice, but I'm sorta in a rush to get this fixed, as I kinda need my drawing tablet. Do you have any more suggestions?

• Hi DovahGirl, sorry for the late reply. Thank you for the screenshots. Your tablet's resolution is 1920x1080. Can you please adjust your display settings to the following in both display #1 & 2:

1. Scale & Layout = 100%
    2. Display Resolution = 1920 x 1080

On your tablet driver's work area settings, please click either "Full Area" or "Screen Ratio" so the tablet will work in the entire screen. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

•  I adjusted the huion settings, but in display settings, I can't adjust the size of the tablet. When it's extended, the options to adjust the tablet's display is greyed out. I can only adjust my laptop's screen size, and it doesn't have an option for 1920 x 1080. Only 1600 x 900, 1366 x 768, 1280 x 720, 1024 x 768, and 800 x 600.

Also, when I duplicate the screen, the button is still greyed out, as seen in the second photo. I'm not sure why, it just won't let me change the size. How can I fix this? Thanks!

• Hi DovahGirl, may I know your laptop model and graphics card specifications? Since the highest resolution option you have is only 1600 x 900, I'm afraid that your laptop doesn't have a Full HD resolution which is equivalent to 1920 x 1080. Are you running on Windows 10? May you also please provide your Windows operating system version? 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

•  My laptop model: HP Notebook - 17-ca1065cl

Graphics card: AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics/ AMD Ryzen 5 3500U

Currently, I am using Windows 10. My operating system version is: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor.

• Hi DovahGirl, thank you. I'm afraid your computer's graphics card could not handle Full HD that is why the display resolution for our tablet is grayed out; our GT-156HD V2 is in Full HD. Is there a way you can update your graphics card? 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• I'm not sure. I tried updating my graphics card, but it says it's up to date.

• Hi DovahGirl, I checked your laptop's specification from this link, https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06447684, and found out that your display can only handle 1600x900. Thus, that is the maximum resolution you can set your laptop's display to. 

With regard to your tablet display issue, since your tablet works fine in other computer units, I'm sorry to let you know that the issue may be caused by your AMD graphics card. May you please contact HP and check how to adjust the settings? 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login to post a comment