Pen pressure not working, multiple tries to no avail

Recently I got a new Windows 10 laptop, installed Paint Tool SAI and my tablet driver and it worked great! But then I got a bigger SSD drive integrated, thus needing to reinstall Windows 10- now I have SAI and my driver reinstalled, only for my pen pressure to no longer work. The drivers set up page initially said I'm missing VCRUNTIME140.dll, so I got that installed from the official Microsoft site, uninstalled my driver and reinstalled- nothing!

I proceeded to uninstall and reinstall about a dozen times, as well as restarting my laptop repeatedly, unplugging and replugging the tablet in, unchecking and rechecking the TabletPC support, changing my pen nub, messing with SAI's digitzer support settings, I feel so frustrated because I'd just like to draw. What should I try next? I own the H610PRO(2048) model

• Hi Reese Beaver, after visiting Microsoft's site and installing the missing dll file, did you still encounter the same error? What driver version have you installed? Do you have pen pressure on the driver's pen pressure test area?

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

1 person likes this
  •  Hello! After I installed the missing dll I no longer got the error about it, but still no proper pen pressure. I have "Driver_12.4.2" for H610PRO(2048) from November 2018, when checking last night it does appear I have pen pressure in the pen pressure test, but a weak amount, and I still have none in SAI which is my go-to drawing software.

• Hi Reese Beaver, kindly try these steps:

1. Open SAI and set your Mode to "Normal" and disable "Preserve Opacity".
    2. On your Pen or Brush's settings, you can change the "Size" and make sure that your Min Size is less than 100%.
    3. On the menu bar at the top, click "Other (O) > Options (O) 
    4. Under "Digitizer Support" tab, change your Minimum Pressure to zero and choose "Pen" under Coordinate Mode then click "OK".
    5. Follow Step #s 1 & 2 above again and change the Minimum Pressure to higher number, depending on your preference. 
    6. You can adjust the Pen or Brush's setting's Size again accordingly.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login to post a comment