Huion Kamvas 16 Pro Premium Stylus Freezing and Glitching

Hi, I've had this tablet for a long while now and it has been working perfectly until the past three days. I have been trying to work on this piece and it has been doing just fine until I got to the coloring phase and now it just won't draw, the pen completely freezes up, jumps all over the place. It is very aggravating :((. I have uninstalled the driver, unplugged and replugged my tablet multiple times, reset, and still have this issue. If anyone could help that would be incredible. I've attached a video I took this afternoon using the pressure test. I have gotten the most recent driver and program after this video was taken but the pressure test results are the same.  

mp4
(1.56 MB)
  • Hi Zombie, thank you for providing your video. It is possible that your pen may be defective. Have you changed your pen nib yet? If you haven't, please try replacing it and make sure there are no dust particles inside your pen tip that can cause electromagnetic interference. If you have and the issue still remains, please let me know so I can create a ticket for you and we can test your pen further using our QC software.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Sadly, the same issue is going. I have been changing the nips throughout this entire process, and I even used a air duster to try to get anything in there out. It was promising for about 2 minutes where it was working beautifully. But then I opening CLIP and after about 5 seconds of shading it went back to freezing and glitching. I opened the pressure test screen up again and the same thing as shown in the first attached video is happening again. :(( If it helps with anything, I have a windows laptop, it has Windows Ink which I heard can interfere(however I do NOT own a windows pen), and I use CLIP Studio as my main and only art program. I don't know if this information helps with anything, but hopefully it does, it would pain me to have to buy another pen and wait for it to ship :((.
  • Hi Zombie, I'm sorry to know that. At this point, it is most probable that your pen may be broken. Kindly send the following information to service@huion.com so we can test your pen using our QC software:

• Serial number (found at the back of your tablet, right after S/N)
    • Operating system
    • Version of the tablet driver you've installed

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Thank you, I will fill out that information once I can. It makes sense that it has broken, I own cats that knock over my items and my pen has been victim to it. Thank you again for your help, it's just a shame that it is doing it now almost out of no where.
Login to post a comment