purchased pen80 stylus from walmart, it doesn't work at all

I bought a pen80 to replace my old one (which still works, but only when plugged in).

this new one doesn't respond at all, or if it does, for a very brief instant. I've tried re-installing the drivers and restarting the computer, but the result remains the same. it does light up red at the buttons, but only for a few minutes after I've plugged it in. I'm not sure what to do, other than get a refund from walmart.

• Hi Natalie Bedell, may I know which tablet model do you have so I can check whether the pen you purchased is compatible with your tablet?

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hey! the tablet is a GT190, I purchased the pen since it was a visual match for the one I've been using... (the one on the top with the white nib and electrical tape in the middle is my old one, the one on the bottom with the black nib is the new one.)

• Hi Natalie Bedell, I'm sorry but the Pen80 is not compatible with the GT-190. Your original pen is the PC33 which looks similar to the PEN80 model. May you please provide the first 6 digits of your tablet's serial number so I can check if the PEN68D can work with your unit? The PEN68D can only work on GT-190 units manufactured from Jan. 1st 2017 onwards. If your tablet was manufactured in 2016 or earlier, I'm afraid we no longer carry a pen for your unit.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• is the serial number the one on the back that starts with the model number? If so the first 6 numbers are GT190150....I purchased the tablet second hand from a pawn shop about three years ago, so I'm not sure how old it is...though with my luck it would be one of the older ones...

• if it is one of the models that is no longer supported, is there a way to replace the battery? My old pen does function when I have it plugged in, but using it with the cable is awkward.

• Hi Natalie Bedell, thank you for your reply. I'm sorry to let you know that we no longer have any pens compatible with your tablet. 

Unfortunately, the pen has tiny and sensitive parts inside and the Lithium Ion battery inside the pen is directly connected to the pen's circuit board. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login to post a comment