Solved

Pen squeaking/creaking issue

Two weeks ago, I've gotten my hands on a Kamvas Pro 16 and had my brother buy it for me. After a few days of using it, I've noticed the annoying squeaking or creaking sound it keeps making when I draw. It has disrupted my workflow so many times and am contemplating whether the pen (PW507) that came with the tablet was just a defect or is just normal. Drawing with the constant creaks is just making me more unmotivated to draw.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11JDuwIepf_yB-C8epsWUjFFBdSFYsvaV/view?usp=sharing

1 person has this problem
  • Hi Chochai, may you please try to change your pen nib and check if it will resolve your issue? Here's a video on how to change the pen nib: How to replace Huion pen nibs. If replacing the pen nib won't resolve your issue, kindly send the following to service@huion.com:

• Serial number (found at the back of your tablet, right after S/N)
    • Order number
    • Link to your video
    • Details of your issue and please mention that you've changed the pen nib but it didn't resolve the issue

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• yeah me too i have bought the huion kamvas 16 pro premium 2 months ago i got the creaking stylus, i bought it on third party seller, huion won't help me well this huion product so thinking logically it's huion fault to have bad stylus, i once use xp pen their pen is smooth af but now i got this old crappy pen :(

1 person likes this
  • I've asked for a replacement already from Huion and it'll be arriving after around two weeks. I also checked around the webs about this issue because it has made me insane while using the tablet. Turns out some Kamvas Pro users do experience this pen issue and some don't. I'm just hoping the replacement pen I'll be getting will finally solve my problem or else I'll be crossing Huion off my list.

• Hi Meh meth, I'm sorry to know about that. All Huion products come with a 1-year warranty from the date of purchase. This covers all purchases made from our authorized online and offline platforms. If the reseller where you purchased your tablet from is our authorized reseller, you can always contact them so they can assist you with your pen replacement. Rest assured you will be assisted with your pen replacement so long as you purchased it from our authorized resellers. 

Hi Chochai, you can always contact us through service@huion.com for any issues and we will assist you in resolving your concerns. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

1 person likes this
  • huion distributor from my country said squeaking like this normal? can someone please tell me this is not normal, if yes then i'll blacklist huion product in the future

mp4
  • @Meh meth, I think this kind of squeaking issue has become normal to a lot of users and does not affect their workflow at all. It depends on the amount of pressure you'll be putting there that's why some encounter this and some don't. So far after some research, only PW507 pens have this issue. I think I'll be buying a different tablet with a PW517 pen model in the future or save up enough for a Wacom and sell my Kamvas Pro 16.

• Hi Meh meth, thank you for the video. After reviewing your video, I'm sorry to let you know that the sound you hear from the pen is normal. If you want a more stable pen nib, the following tablet models use the PW517 which uses the Pen Technology 3.0:

• Kamvas 12
    • Kamvas 13
    • Kamvas 16 (2021)
    • Kamvas Pro 16 (4k) and Kamvas Pro 16 Plus (4k)
    • Kamvas 22 and Kamvas 22 Plus
    • Kamvas Pro 24

Here's the link for more information: Huion Battery-free Pen PW517. Unfortunately, this pen is not compatible with your Kamvas Pro 16 Premium; only the battery-free pen PW507 is.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• It is what it is, i just hate the squeak sound it vibrate through the pen and it make me cringe sometimes when i draw like 3-5 hours it got worse the pressure sensitivity sometimes got jump when it squeak, i use XP pen before it have no squeak it was flawless, i think i need to get use to it for now on, kinda disappointed actually :(
Login to post a comment