H420 doesn't work on Big Sur

I've tried three different driver versions for my H420 on the 2020 Macbook Pro (M1, Big Sur):

12.0.5 (the one on Huion's website)

12.0.4 (the one in the Google Drive)

12.1.0 (from https://support.huion.com/en/support/discussions/topics/44001012076)

Of these, only 12.0.4 the Tablet Driver Panel installed. It detects the tablet (Device Connected), and the green light on my H420 turns on when I touch the pen to the tablet, but the Mac doesn't detect any movement by the pen.

For 12.0.5, no Tablet Driver Panel is installed, but the pen can at least be used to hover around the screen. However, pressing the pen down on the tablet does nothing.

Is there an upcoming update for the H420 on Big Sur? I'm sure the device works fine since it works on Windows, just not on the new Macbook.

• Hi mikaela irene, please use this driver and follow the instructions as provided.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

pkg
    pdf
  • I tried installing 12.1.1. The TabletDriver and PenPressureTest programs weren't installed. I also cannot open the "HuionDriver" folder in applications

• Hi mikaela irene, please follow the steps below to access the said folder:

Please make sure that the Huion Tablet folder has the necessary permissions. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the Huion Tablet folder then choose "Show Info"
    2. Expand "Sharing & Permissions" and make sure that it has the following permissions:

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login to post a comment