• Hi Manuel R., mouse and game modes are not available to tablet displays; these are only available for graphic tablets such as the HS611. 

With regard to the manual description, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will inform the relevant department about this so corrections can be made. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi Orliza,

Well then this shouldn't even be in the manual for the Kamvas 13. I bought this after seeing it has a mouse mode. I have used my Wacom for 13 years almost exclusivly in mouse mode. That's a big no no for me.

Why aren't they available for tablet displays? You clearly have the function already and it should be easy to add. Can you put in a feature request for it?

thanks

• Hi Manuel R., sorry for the incomplete explanation before. 

The mouse and game modes are available when you use your Kamvas 13 as a graphics or pen tablet. When on pen tablet mode, both these modes will be available. You can check out this video on how to do so: How to Change Kamvas 13 to a Pen Tablet?. Also, when using your Kamvas 13 as a tablet display, you should still be able to use the game mode. If you can't, please try to reinstall the driver and make sure that your tablet is not connected to your computer during the installation.

On another note, I will inform our software engineers with regard to your request to have the mouse mode.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi Orliza,

ok, so it should be there then.

I have tried reinstalling the version 15 driver, that did not work.

I tried installing the version 14 driver. With that I do get the option to turn on game mode, but not mouse mode.

I do now suspect the pen tablet mode is somehow broken.

When I push the power button and the screen turns off, unplug the cable, plug it back in...the cursor will not appear when I move the pen. I first have to push the switch display button I assigned to get it to work on my main display. I assume that in pen tablet mode it would switch the display automatically?

I even tried to somehow "force" it into pen tablet mode by unplugging the HDMI and red USB cable, that didn't help either.

What would the differences be between display tablet and pen tablet mode? Screen off and added mouse mode, anything else? Would it switch the cursor automatically to the main display?

thanks

• Hi Manuel R., I've clarified the modes with our software engineers and they have concluded that as of the moment, mouse and game modes have been disabled for pen displays in Version 15 drivers. They will have to check if having these modes available will be feasible in the future. And yes, Version 14 drivers only have the game mode.

With regard to the difference between display and tablet modes, yes, the difference is only that the screen is off when in tablet mode to lessen the power consumption especially when you are just using your laptop's battery or a powerbank. If you are using version 14 drivers, you can have mouse mode in both display and tablet modes. 

When in tablet mode, the cursor will normally switch to the main screen. In the event that it doesn't, please try to reinstall the driver and make sure that the tablet is not connected to your computer, your antivirus is turned off, and your drawing software are closed as you do so.  Please let me know if reinstalling the driver do not resolve your issue so I can raise this up to our software engineers and please provide the specific driver versions that has this issue.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi Orliza,

I tried everything.

I don't have an antivirus installed, I have disabled Windows Defender, disconnected the tablet, closed every Application, I have tried reinstalling every available driver (14.8.95.1136, 14.8.166.1482_HID, 15.2.10.529).

I have continued on to boot into safe mode and reinstall the drivers from there.

I have then tried on a different computer.

No mouse mode with any driver with any configuration I could think of. I tried duplicate display, extended display, disconnected the HDMI cable. The closest I get to mouse mode is using the V14 driver and setting the work area to all displays, which is a feature that is missing with the V15 driver.

Is there a way to enable the mouse mode by editing a config/settings file, the windows registry, dll, ...?

thanks

• Hi Manuel R., sadly, the mouse mode is not available for any tablet displays, including Kamvas 13, in any driver version as of the moment. The only setting available is the game mode on version 14 drivers. I've already conveyed this request to our software engineers. However, we don't have any feedback if or when this feature will be available.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login to post a comment