Solved

Huion 420 on macOS Big Sur

hi!

i currently bought my drawing tablet but it doesn't seem to work with my macbook air with macOS Big Sur. I'm hoping to use the drawing tablet for my work.

1 person has this problem
  • Hi Samantha Jampi, I've replied to your other post and I am sending the same reply here just in case. Please try the attached driver on your Big Sur computer. Before installing this driver, please make sure that all your tablet drivers are properly uninstalled, whether from us or other brands. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

pkg
    pdf
  • Hi,

I am having the same problem. I have tried using the driver you linked in your post, and everything works fine until the part where I have to give the app access to stuff on the Mac. It asks for access to keyboard monitoring, which works fine and I can allow. It quits  and when I click down on the tablet with the pen there is no pop-up where it asks for access to accessibility.

Any help?

• Hi Aidan Peers, please use this driver version instead. Please make sure you properly uninstall the driver you currently installed on your computer before installing this one. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

pkg
  • Hello, 

I've downloaded v12.1.1 and tried to install but it still does not work with 420 model.

I can only see the below folder in my "Applications".

Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

• Hi Do Thao, please make sure that the Huion Tablet folder has the necessary permissions. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the Huion Tablet folder then choose "Show Info"
    2. Expand "Sharing & Permissions" and make sure that it has the following permissions:

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hello, Do you think you could also release the updated drivers for Huion H420 that work on MacOS Big Sur? Thank you.
  • Hi sajiarts, the driver has been sent in this topic thread last Dec. 22nd. For your reference, I'm attaching the same here. I've also attached the instructions on how to properly install the driver.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

pkg
    pdf