In general, the reasons for the black border on the Pen Display or the pen display cannot be displayed in full screen are as follows:
- When the computer is equipped with a graphics card, the connection cable between the pen display and the computer monitor is not connected to the graphics card.
- The computer display resolution is not uniformly set to Best for HAT.
How to solve the problem when the pen display has a black border and cannot be displayed in full size?
A. Solutions for macOS
1. Make sure the Pen Display is connected to the computer running Mac system.
2. Open the System Preferences in Mac and find the Displays icon.
3. Select Best for HAT in "Optimize for" in both Displays.
B. Solutions for Windows
1. To ensure that the image shown on the pen display screen is the same as that of the computer screen, please plug the connection cables of the pen display and the computer to the integrated graphics card or dedicated graphics card. (Note: if the computer is without a dedicated graphics card, please connect the cable to the integrated graphics card.)
2. Right click on the desktop and then select Display settings.
3. Click on Display 1 and select the recommended resolution of the system, as shown in the picture below.
4. Click on Display 2 and select the recommended resolution of the system, as shown in the picture below.
If the above-mentioned methods do not work, please check if the graphics card driver has been installed or upgraded, if the resolution of the pen display can be recognized or not, check if the video cables (VGA/HDMI/3-in-1) and/or the cable adapter are not defective.
Note: It is not recommended to use the USB to HDMI/DVI/VGA adapter.