If you are wondering why some of your press keys or pen buttons work fine in specific software while they won't work on others, it may be caused by different shortcut functions. Each software has different shortcuts to different software functions. Take for example the Zoom function. The shortcut keys for zooming in or out in Photoshop are not the same in Clip Studio Paint. Though some shortcuts can be changed in some software, not all software is capable of doing so and not all shortcuts can be changed as well.
Please try the following steps that can help you configure the press keys for specific software:
Version 15 Drivers:
- Open the HUION tablet driver and click on "All Programs" then "Add Programs".
- On the pop-up window, choose the software from the list. Click "Browse" if it's not on the list.
- Click "Pen Tablet" then "Press Key" and click which button you want to customize. Change the necessary shortcut functions you want the express keys to perform for the specific software. You can add a name to the specific shortcut.
- Click "Digital Pen" then "Press Key" to customize the pen's buttons as well.
- Repeat the steps above to set up all the necessary software you want to configure.
NOTE: As a default, all changes you make on your press keys and pen buttons are set to apply to all software if you skip Steps 1 and 2 above.
Version 14 Drivers:
- Open the HUION tablet driver and click on Settings.
- Make sure you are in General Settings.
- Click on "Add App".
- On the pop-up window, choose the software.
- Click "OK" and the software will be added to the list of apps then click "Edit". Please see an image for Steps 1-5 below:
- Select "Digital Pen" and change the necessary shortcut functions you want the pen buttons to perform for the specific software.
- Select "Press keys" and change the necessary shortcut functions you want the express keys to perform for the specific software.
- When setting the pen or press keys, please make sure you only check the applicable functions. If you choose the Mouse Button function, for example,ensure that the rest of the functions are unchecked. If the function is a combination of pressing keyboard keys and mouse operation, check the Keyboard Combination Keys and Mouse Button checkboxes while the rest are unchecked.
NOTE: Custom Name can be checked at all times since this is only for function naming purposes and will not affect how the function actually performs.
- Click "Apply" or "OK".
Repeat the steps to set up all the necessary software you want to configure.
NOTE: As a default, all changes you make on your press keys and pen buttons are set to apply to all software if you skip Step #s 1-5 above.