My GT-191 Stylus Pen has Stopped Working

Hi! My GT-191  stylus pen has stopped working! I have the non-rechargeable pen and it wont interact with the graphics tablet at all. It won't hover and buttons won't function. Display screen seems fine as it opens with no problem and my pc reads it as connected. I have tried everything from disabling sleep, reinstalling and updating drivers but nothing works at all. Please help me with this! 

• Hi aaron florento, I'm sorry to know that your pen stoped working. I would like to verify, do you have the GT-191 or the GT-191 V2? If you have the GT-191 model, I'm sorry to let you know that the pen compatible for that model is the rechargeable pen PE330. But since PE330 has been discontinued, we have to check if your tablet's manufacture date is between January 2017 or after. If it is, then you can purchase the battery pen PEN68D from this link: Huion Battery Pen PEN68D. But if your tablet was manufactured before 2017, I regret to inform you that we no longer have pens compatible to those tablets. 

On the other hand, if you have the GT-191 V2, please try the steps below:

1. Uninstall the current driver you have, unplug your tablet from your computer, then plug it back in. Then test if your pen works without the driver. If it does, then the issue is just with the driver so just reinstall the driver. Make sure your tablet is not connected to your computer, your antivirus is turned off and your drawing programs are closed while install the driver.
    2. If your pen still won't work without the driver, it is possible that your pen may be defective. Please let me know so we can further test your pen using our software.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi Ma'am!

Thanks for the quick response. I have the GT-191 V2 model and I just bought it on January 2019. It was working fine and have not had an issue until now.

I have tried the 1st step of your instruction, uninstalled the driver, unplugged the tablet and plugged it in. The pen still won't respond on the tablet.

The pen might be the problem. 

• Hi aaron florento, thank you for clarifying your tablet model. I will create a ticket for you so we can test your pen further.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login to post a comment