Compatibility Issues with New Huion 640p

I'd like to preface this by saying this is my first Huion product, so pardon my ignorance. I started by setting the buttons on the pen for Undo (Ctrl+Z) and Right Mouse, however it doesn't register a stroke when using the Right Mouse in any programme. Also when using other programmes such as Paint Tool Sai or Graphics Gale it only registers the gestures as Right Mouse inputs. Despite switching the button on the pen to the Left Mouse it still won't register any strokes. So far the only thing that registers the gesture is Paint, but not the Right Mouse strokes. I installed the latest drivers and my laptop had an update a few days ago, so I'm not sure what it could be. If someone could elucidate a solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

• UPDATE:

When I launch my browser now, the cursor will become invisible. It will only reappear after restarting my laptop but then disappear again when I plug in the 640p.

• Hi William Leon, thank you for choosing Huion! Kindly answer the following questions and provide the requested information:

1. What tablet driver version have you installed?
    2. Does the tablet driver show "Device connected"? You can find it at the bottom left corner of the driver panel.
    3. What is your computer's operating system?

When your cursor becomes invisible, it is possible that the driver was not installed properly. Kindly check out these articles and video on how to uninstall and properly install the driver:

NOTE: Please make sure that before installing your tablet driver, you have uninstalled all other tablet drivers on your computer, whether from us or other brands. Having multiple tablet drivers in your computer will result to issues in your driver's performance. Moreover, make sure that your tablet is not connected to your computer as you install the driver, your antivirus is turned off and your drawing programs are close. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• I have installed Driver 14.8.137 on my Windows 10 laptop, and it does recognize the pen and tablet. However after seven attempts, the same issues occur regarding the input and disappearing cursor. Also I never had the device connected while installing the drivers, so I don't know what the problem could be.

• I have installed driver 14.8.137 on my Windows 10 laptop and it does indeed recognize the device. After seven attempts though, the same issues still occur. For the record there are no other drivers installed and the tablet is not connceted during said installation.

• Hi William Leon, thank you for your reply. May you kindly reply to the following questions:

1. Since your driver recognized the device, do you still experience your cursor disappearing? 
    2. May you please clarify which issues are still occurring; the cursor disappearing or the stroke? 
    3. When you use your pen, do you press the pen's button as well? If you did press the button, this is the reason why you have issues with your strokes. Please do not press the pen button while you draw on Paint Tool Sai. Just use the pen like you use to write a regular pen; without pressing any buttons.

Here's a link to an article on how to setup your pen and tablet button functions: How to Customize Press Keys and Digital Pen Button Functions for Specific Software

Please let me know if you continue to have issues so I can create a ticket for you so we can assist you further.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Unfortunately I don't have the patience to struggle with this troubleshoot anymore, so I ordered a refund and will be sending it back tomorrow morning. 

Regards, William.

• Hi William Leon, I'm sorry to know that but we respect your decision. 

You are always welcome to reach out to us again whenever you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login to post a comment