Solved

Huion H640p is not responding

I had this drawing tablet for 10 months, it was nice and dandy and it worked fine. But the next 2 days it suddenly stopped working for some reason. The problem that I encounter is when I try to draw with the stylus that came with the table, the tablet will not respond 90 percent of the time, the light indicator will not respond even if the stylus was in the surface of the tablet, moreover the buttons on the tablet stopped working all together even though the blinker indicates that its being pressed and its says in the driver that it's connected to my laptop. But from time to time the tablet would respond to the stylus normally but the buttons is still not functional, i have to weirdly rotate my stylus and look at the blinker if I can find the right spot where my tablet can get the response from my stylus

Methods I tried using to fix the problem

1. uninstall and reinstalled the drivers

2. Tried using the firmware update, but there was none available for my tablet

3. Tried plugging and re plugging it to different USB ports

4. I've uninstalled my tablet from device manager to reset it properly

5. I've tried using previous versions of the drivers 

6. I tried it on my other laptop, but the same problem occurred. 

Here is the video to show th problem

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WUxFAx3MRxlkYrAQv6BF93hpR2mF4ICM/view?usp=sharing

• Hi Rev Ned, thank you for providing a detailed explanation of your issue and for the list of all the steps you've taken so far. We really appreciate it. 

I will convert your forum post to a ticket so we can further test your tablet using our software. We may also need your information to assist you further. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

1 person likes this
  • Thank you for your hard work, and for noticing my post

I would like to add another weird problem that occurred yesterday:

When i was trying to find some sort of solution to my problem, i found out that when I remove my pen nib from my stylus the tablet will 100 percent respond to my stylus but whenever I inserted the pen nib, it would back to being unusable, and while doing that, i also found out the when i tilt my stylus in a 45 degree angle, the table would recognize it 95 percent depending on how long I can hold the 45 degree hand posture. 

• Hi Rev Ned, you're welcome and thank you for the update as well. As I've replied to your ticket, kindly try the following steps:

1. Try using a different cable to connect your tablet to your computer, which is a Micro USB to USB cable. This cable type is usually used on some phone models.
    2. Please try to install the Driver_14.8.137 version which you can download from this link: Huion H640P Graphic Tablet Drivers. Please make sure to properly uninstall the current driver you have installed on your computer, unplug your tablet, turn off your antivirus, and close all drawing programs as you install the driver. Make sure that there are no other tablet drivers installed on your computer as well, either from us or other brands.

If these won't resolve your issue, then it is possible that your tablet may be broken. All Huion products that are purchased from our authorized online and offline platforms come with a 1-year warranty so I would be more than happy to assist you with your warranty claim. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

1 person likes this
  • If it's, alright with you, I would like to have your assistance in getting the 1-year warranty. Since I'm new to this warranty process, please do assist me through the process.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE ALL THROUGH OUT!!

• Hi Rev Ned, I got your ticket reply and I have reviewed your video. Thank you so much for your cooperation. I have confirmed that your tablet is broken and I've replied to your ticket on the next steps to take to claim for your warranty. 

I will now treat this forum post as solved since we will be processing your tablet replacement. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login to post a comment