Huion Kamvas 20 disconnecting on iMac

I've got a 2014 iMac with 32g RAM running the latest version of Catalina (10.15.5). 

I've set up the tablet as the middle display in a 3-display desktop (in addition to a second monitor), and I've been able to work with the tablet on certain days. But on others the driver will say "device disconnected" and I'll receive a "no signal" message on the tablet screen. It will function as a drawing tablet (i.e. I can move the cursor around on my iMac's screen) but no image shows on the tablet itself.

I've turned the tablet off and on again, I've uninstalled and re-installed the two latest versions of the driver, I've restarted my computer and turned the tablet on at various stages of booting up... Nothing seems to fix the issue for long.

When it's working, I have no issues, but right now it seems like a total crap-shoot whether the tablet works or not, no matter what I do. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated!

• Hi Kevin Bannister, based on the issue you've described, this is usually caused by either the cable or the ports where the cables are connected to. Since you are using an iMac, I believe you are using an adapter to connect your HDMI cable to your computer, is that correct? Kindly try connecting your USB and HDMI cables to different ports. And if you have an extra HDMI to thunderbolt adapter, please try using a different adapter. Try connecting just 2 screens instead of 3 ( just your iMac and your Kamvas 20) and check if you still experience the same issue.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login to post a comment