Start a new topic
Solved

Pen pressure Doesn't work in Affinity Designer 1.8.0

Hi Huion Team!

I bought the Huion H1060P tablet and I am very happy with it, although I have a problem. I use the Affinity Designer program for illustration and recently the program was updated to version 1.8.0 in which the developers made the program compatible with Windows Ink, so the problem is that pen pressure does not work, I tried enabling Windows Ink in the Huion Tablet settings but it didn't work.

The way pen pressure worked is by closing Huion Tablet but I can't use the buttons on the tablet obviously.

In Photoshop I had problems with pen pressure too, but I resolved it with the PSUserConfig setting the value to 0

what should I do?

Regards.

Hi Ravs, I will have this looked into. What operating system and the tablet driver version are you using? It would also help a lot if you can provide a video so we will have a better idea. You can just use your phone in taking the video and send it through WeTransfer or upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive. Please make sure you remove the restrictions so anyone who has the link would be able to view it.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

thanks for answering Orliza Amodia!

I share the links of the videos:

Huion 1.mp4 = https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KVhs5gm5q62oTf5ZvXybhxz9hViWE8Og/view?usp=sharing

In Huion 1.mp4 you will see that in the previous version of Affinity Designer 1.7.3 the pen pressure of the tablet works perfectly even without having the Windows Ink option enabled in the Huion Tablet program.

Huion 2.mp4 = https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rkLiYCK4rmkkJBGDRZ2y2z3i3SureEDI/view?usp=sharing

In Huion 2.mp4 you will see that in the new version of Affinity Designer 1.8.0 pen pressure does not work even enabling the Windows Ink option in the Huion Tablet program and something I found is that when putting "force pressure" in Affinity Designer the only brush that half wants to work is the pencil, because it changes its shape as if the program will try to make the pen pressure work but without success, you can see it in the video.

Huion 3.mp4 = https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X6dyO1Flr28y-agn5-lSbxbGLF9crHiF/view?usp=sharing

and in in Huion 3.mp4 I did a test using the tablet without the Huion Tablet driver program, it happened that the pen pressure worked but obviously I cannot use the buttons on the tablet because the Huion Tablet drivers are not open and When you open the drivers, the tablet is configured and the pen pressure stops working.

I contacted Affinity Designer support and they commented on the following:

AD Support: If you have enabled Windows Ink in your driver then pressure should be available (assuming you have a brush configured for pressure, or have enabled the Force Pressure option).

RAVS: I already enabled the windows ink options and I have also been checking other brush settings but it does not work in AD 1.8, I tried returning to AD 1.7.3 and everything works normally.

AD Support: That's because version 1.7 doesn't require Windows Ink (it uses the legacy WinTab driver instead). Assuming you're on Windows 10 ...

I use Windows 10 pro 1909

What I think is that the Windows Ink option in the Huion Tablet drivers may not be working but I don't know ...

I hope you can help me.

Regards.

thanks for answering

I share the links of the videos:

Huion 1.mp4 = https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KVhs5gm5q62oTf5ZvXybhxz9hViWE8Og/view?usp=sharing

In Huion 1.mp4 you will see that in the previous version of Affinity Designer 1.7.3 the pen pressure of the tablet works perfectly even without having the Windows Ink option enabled in the Huion Tablet program.

Huion 2.mp4 = https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rkLiYCK4rmkkJBGDRZ2y2z3i3SureEDI/view?usp=sharing

In Huion 2.mp4 you will see that in the new version of Affinity Designer 1.8.0 pen pressure does not work even enabling the Windows Ink option in the Huion Tablet program and something I found is that when putting "force pressure" in Affinity Designer the only brush that half wants to work is the pencil, because it changes its shape as if the program will try to make the pen pressure work but without success, you can see it in the video.

Huion 3.mp4 = https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X6dyO1Flr28y-agn5-lSbxbGLF9crHiF/view?usp=sharing

and in in Huion 3.mp4 I did a test using the tablet without the Huion Tablet driver program, it happened that the pen pressure worked but obviously I cannot use the buttons on the tablet because the Huion Tablet drivers are not open and When you open the drivers, the tablet is configured and the pen pressure stops working.

I contacted Affinity Designer support and they commented on the following:

AD Support: If you have enabled Windows Ink in your driver then pressure should be available (assuming you have a brush configured for pressure, or have enabled the Force Pressure option).

RAVS: I already enabled the windows ink options and I have also been checking other brush settings but it does not work in AD 1.8, I tried returning to AD 1.7.3 and everything works normally.

AD Support: That's because version 1.7 doesn't require Windows Ink (it uses the legacy WinTab driver instead). Assuming you're on Windows 10 ...

I use Windows 10 pro 1909

What I think is that the Windows Ink option in the Huion Tablet drivers may not be working but I don't know ...

I hope you can help me.

Regards

Hi Ravs, thank you for providing the videos. We tried testing it from our end and we do have the pen pressure. Kindly try uninstalling your tablet driver and install this driver version instead (attached) and check if it will resolve your issue. Please make sure your tablet is not connected to your computer as you install the tablet driver. You can check out this video on how to properly uninstall and reinstall the tablet driver: How to Install/Uninstall Huion V14 Driver on Windows (Video)

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

exe

Yes, I mentioned it in video 2 I activated that force pressure button but it remains the same.

the drivers version is V14.8.90.1126

Hi Ravs, thank you. Kindly try using the driver I've provided above and let me know.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

I installed the beta drivers but it didn't work ...

I attach a screenshot with the proof

Regards.

Hi Ravs, thank you for the update. Kindly try reinstalling the Affinity Designer software and please try to reboot your computer first before installing it again. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Hi Orliza!

I uninstalled and erased all affinity designer settings, rebooted and reinstalled it but still the same :( ...

Regards.

Hi Ravs, that is unfortunate. I will have this forwarded to our software engineers so we can check on this further. I will get back to you as soon as I get their reply.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Thank you so much Orliza!

I will be aware

Regards.

Hi Ravs, are you open to have us remotely access your computer so we can check on your issue further? We are open between 9:00am-12:00pm and 2:00pm-6:00pm China Standard Time (UTC+8), Mon-Fri, except holidays. Just let me know when would be the best time for you during the said times, if you are fine with the remote access.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Hi Orliza.

It would be great but because of my work schedules I can't.

thank you very much, I appreciate your attention!

I will go to Photoshop and leave Affinity Designer until I see if the problem is corrected in the future.

Regards

Hi Ravs, I see. Would it be fine with you if you leave your computer open and logged in to Teamviewer so we can access it during our work hours? We just need more information to determine what caused your issue since we weren't able to replicate it from our end. When we tested the AD 1.8.0, the pen pressure is working fine. So accessing your computer will help us in determining the cause and find a solution. We look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login to post a comment