Solved

replacement pen

I have an H420 and my pen stopped working. I bought a new pen, but I don't know how to pair it with the tablet, does anyone else know how?

• Hi Kaylan A., you don't need to pair your pen to your tablet. May I know the model of the pen you've purchased? Basically, the pen model that is compatible to H420 is battery pen, Pen68. If you purchased a different pen model, then that is the reason why it does not work. However, if you purchased the right model, kindly insert a new AAA battery and press the power button and you'll be all set. You can check out this video on how to insert the battery and turn on the pen: How to use the battery pen (Pen 68)?

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

1 person likes this
  • I have purchased the Pen68 and replaced the AAA batteries but there is still no reaction. The tablet says it (the tablet) is connected to my computer, but I am not sure whether or not the tablet is the problem. I have also purchased the pen in a different color, does that make a difference?

https://store.huion.com/products/battery-pen-pen68

• Hi Kaylan A., the color won't matter as long as the model is correct. Kindly try checking out this video: Tips for fixing the digital pen (PEN68). Otherwise, please try these steps to determine if the problem is with your pen, your tablet or your driver:

1. Check if the tablet's light turns on when you touch your pen on your tablet's surface.
    2. Please uninstall your tablet driver and unplug your tablet from your computer. Make sure there are no other tablet drivers installed on your computer. Plug your tablet back to your computer and test if your pen works. Don't forget to make sure to turn on the pen.
    3. Unplug your tablet from your computer again and reboot your computer. Turn off your antivirus and close all your drawing programs. Install your tablet's driver which you can download from this link: HUION H420 Graphic Tablet Drivers. You can refer to the following articles to guide you through the installation process:
    4. Connect your tablet back to your computer after you have successfully reinstalled your tablet driver.

If the tablet works fine without the driver, then the issue is with the driver. If the tablet still doesn't, it may be caused by other factors which we will have to further look into. We can then provide the solution when we determine the cause of your issue.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login to post a comment