Start a new topic
Solved

Canvas pro 13 is not supported by mac catalina

I contacted apple and they told me that catalina does not run the canvas pro 13 driver.

I just unwrapped my display and I have this huge problem.

i hope Huion can solve this problem as soon is possible.

1 person has this problem

This is about 10% true. Yes, the driver does run on MAC OS Catalina, but it does not work correctly.

1) Out of the box, it never works in Mac OS. I have three macs, ranging from iMac 21, through MacBook Pro, to iMac Pro. I installed the driver, but it never worked.

2) When I followed the instructions on the support site, I manage to get it to run on two out of three notebooks. But it works very erratically / unpredictably. May work once, then you reboot and the tablet is back to being a just a screen.

3) All problems seem to related to:

3.1) driver permissions not being set up by the installation procedure properly at all, but you might get lucky to fix it manually, with hours of attempts

3.2) even with the drivers running OK, it's enough to disconnect and reconnect the device for the drivers to no longer detest the device.

Strangely, all the macs have the exact same OSX version (10.15.5) and each behaves a bit differently.

On the other hand, Windows 10 detects and operates the pen even without Huion driver. So it's not a problem with the device or cables.

Hi Fernando, I'm sorry for the late reply. Our drivers do support and do run on MacOS Catalina. 

Kindly install the latest driver for your tablet which you download from this link: HUION Kamvas Pro 13 Tablet Display Drivers. If your tablet does not work, it may be caused by some settings issue. Please follow the steps in this article on how to properly install and setup your driver: How to Install Huion Driver on MacOS. Here's a video as well: How to install/uninstall the Huion V14 driver on MacOs.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment