Start a new topic
Solved

Having problems with my Kamvas GT-221 Pro

I have been having some issues with my tablet for 2 weeks now since the latest windows update, here's what hapens...

As soon as the tablet is connected to the computer, everytime I'm on someting that can scroll, it goes crazy! And then saturday I even did a fresh Windows 10 install and again, as soon as the tablet was connected, angain it goes crazy but now it even ''press'' the ctrl and other buttons but as soon as I disconnect the tablet from my PC, everything is back to normal...

I got this tablet in the summer of 2018, never had any problems with it until now and I don't know what to do! Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance!

1 person has this problem

I kinda had the same problem. The pen on my GT 220 V2 didnt work at all no matter what I tried. I figure it must be that the drivers of Huion and WIndows are bugging each other out and causing issues. What i did to fix it and i may have just been lucky, was just completely wipe the huon drivers. Go into your folder and just delete the whole file. Restart and see if that helps. it sucks that the it has to be this way but it was the only way I was able to get my monitor to register my pen again. Still works as of this moment.

1 person likes this

ANd did you still keep the 8000 pressure levels!? So it would mean that the default windows drivers are enough to power Huion tablets, interesting! I'll test that! Thanks for the tip!!

Holy crap it works! But now I can't set the express keys since it's a simple Windows driver.... Is there a way to do something about this issue!?

Hi Stéphane Huard, I'm sorry for the late reply. We are working hard to be able to reply to all your concerns as we got back from the holiday.

Anyways, what Stephanie Barrett suggested was correct. Thank you, Stephanie Barrett.

I'm glad that it resolved your issue. It means that the issue was basically due to the driver. Thus, you can follow the steps below so you will be able to use the express keys again:

1. Unplug your tablet from your computer. 
  2. Download and install the latest version of your tablet's driver from this link:  HUION GT-220 V2 Tablet Display Drivers. If your tablet's serial number is xxDA5SHxxxxx, please download Driver_12.4.2. On the other hand, if it is  xxDCOSHxxxxx, download Driver_14.8.90. You can also refer to this article as a guide on how to properly install the tablet driver: How to Install Huion Drivers on Windows
  3. Once the tablet driver has been installed, please plug your tablet back to your computer and check if you no longer have any issues.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

That should fix the poblem for a GT220 V2 but my probleme is for a GT221 Pro, everytime I try to install a driver it dosen't work anymore...

Hi Stéphane Huard, kindly try the same steps and install your tablet's driver from this link instead: HUION GT-221 Pro Tablet Display Drivers. If the latest version don't work, please try the older versions. Please make sure that your tablet is not connected to your computer as you install the tablet driver. Better yet, it would be best if you restart your computer and turn off your antivirus software before installing the tablet driver.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login to post a comment