Start a new topic
Solved

my tablet and pen isnt working (H420)(battery_powered pen)

I have the H420 tablet and pen for over 2 months now. But today the pen won't move the mouse cursor even though the tablet is connected.

I switched the pen battery and replaced the nib. It still the same. I also checked the tablet and nothing is broken. I don't know what to do at this point, can you help me?

2 people have this problem

my computer is macOS Catalina.  version 10.15.3

found the e mail, I will send a video

Hi Noemzo R and Debbie Seazell, thank you for your responses. Please try the steps below so we will know what the root cause is:

1. Check if the tablet driver is installed on your computer. From the OS X Finder, hit Command+Shift+A to jump to the Applications folder. Search for the "HuionDriver" application. If you find it, that means you have installed the tablet driver. If you don't, it means that you have not installed it.
  2. If you found the HuionDriver app in your Applications folder, expand it  and double-click "TabletDriverUninstall" to uninstall the driver.
  3. Unplug your tablet from you computer and reboot it after the driver has been uninstalled.
  4. After rebooting, plug the tablet back in and check if the tablet works without the driver. Check if the tablet's light turn on when you touch the pen on the tablet's surface and when you press the tablet's shortcut keys. If it turns on, that means that the tablet is working. 
  5. Unplug the tablet from the computer again and make sure there are no other tablet drivers installed on your computer, whether from us or from other brands. 
  6. Turn off your antivirus and while the tablet is not connected to the computer, reinstall the driver which you can download from this link: Huion H420(2048) Graphic Tablet Drivers for Mac OS. You can check out this article on how to properly install the tablet driver: How to Install Huion Driver on MacOS. Instead of adding "TabletDriverAgent" to your whitelist, add "TabletConsole" instead.
  7. Connect your tablet to your computer and check if the tablet driver shows "Device connected" and if the pen now has pen pressure.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Thank you, don’t know what happened before but I am operational now! 

Hi Debbie Seazell, I'm glad that your tablet is working fine now. Enjoy!

Best Regards,

Huion Customer Support

Login to post a comment