Problems with new driver / software
I'm a new user of both Huion devices and pen tablets, and I wanted to share some problems/ideas for the pen tablet software. I use the Kamvas Pro 20 (2019).
- Using driver v14.8.137, I was very happy to see that I can bind different hotkeys to the buttons on the right and left side of my display.
However, when I downloaded v220.127.116.11 a few days ago when it released, I noticed that this feature is gone and any hotkeys I bind are automatically mirrored over to the other side. :/
Eight hotkeys + touchbar are not enough for me. Until this is possible in v15.3, I'll keep using v14.8.
Other than that, I loved what I saw in v15. The new UI and hotkey possibilities (media control etc.) were very much needed. :)
- One major feature that I'm missing is the possibility to have multiple profiles with different hotkeys for each.
I appreciate the ability to use different hotkeys for different programs, but for drawing and all it's different stages I need more than 16 hotkeys, e.g.:
- Profile A for sketching and linearting, with zoom on the touchbar and rotation, lasso, transform etc. on the hotkeys, because that's what I need for linework.
- Profile B for coloring, shading and backgrounds, with brush size on the touchbar and bucket fill, blend modes etc. on the hotkeys, because that's what I need for coloring.
- Profile C for anything outside of my software, with scrolling on the touchbar and switch screens, media control etc. on the hotkeys.
- Speaking of the touchbar... I would love to see some kind of speed control for it. Currently I need to drag up or down multilple times to considerably change my brush size.
In driver v14.8, I found a workaround by just inputting the key for brush size control multiple times, but in version 15.3 that doesn't work either because of the way you input the hotkeys.
I would love to see an option to increase the sensitivity of the touchbar.
That's it for now. Curious to see your thoughts and if it's possible to implement those things. :)