Change screen area (Q620M, MacOS)

Please add the possibility to edit the screen area manually. I have an ultra-wide 5120x1440 monitor and can only use a narrow part of the tablet surface. My old wacom intuos lets me use only a half of my screen and keep the same proportions of the tablet surface and the screen area.

Besides that the tablet is perfect, but it is unusable to me right now.

• Hi  Максим Барановский, we are sorry for any confusion caused to you. Kindly note that you can go to the "Work Area" section of our driver and drag the small green boxes to adjust which part of your screen can only be covered by the tablet. 

Best regards, 

HUION Customer Support

• Hi @Beverly Lin
    Thanks for your quick reply. You're right, this works perfectly in Windows (i just checked it). But not in MacOS (High Sierra, latest drivers). I don't see the green boxes (and any other active objects) appearing when I hover over the screen edge

I can resize the green area but not the red one(

• Hi  Максим Барановский

We will create a ticket for you so we can look into this issue. Please reply to us in the ticket and provide the product information so we can help you further.

Best regards, 

HUION Customer Support

1人 これを「好き」
  • Hi I had the exact same issue on my Mac. My tablet works just fine, but because of how wonky the computer to tablet ratio is, it is extremely difficult to draw. I was wondering if there was anything you guys could do to fix that. 

• Hi Kiersten Koets, have you tried clicking on "Display Ratio"? Using this setting means that the tablet's ratio will use that of your computer screen's ratio. For example, if your screen has a ratio of 16 by 9, then your tablet will also use that same ratio. This will normally fix the kind of issue that you are currently facing. Otherwise, try to reinstall the driver by following the steps found in this video and click on "Display Ratio" again: How to Install/Uninstall Huion V14 Driver on Mac OS (Video).

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Thank you! I tried it before, but when I would change the ratio it wouldn't apply it so that never worked. I was also wondering if there is a way to change the area of the computer screen my tablet can work on. Exactly like the other user, it wont let me change my computer screen's work area. ( The red area. This is not my photo, but it's exactly whats happening on my computer.)image

• Hi Kiersten Koets, thank you for the update. If you have tried reinstalling the driver, restarting your computer and adjusting the tablet driver's work area before (making sure you click on "Apply" or "OK" after adjusting it), but the driver won't save the changes you've made, please provide the following information:

• Tablet's model
    • Computer operating system and its version
    • Tablet driver version installed
    • Computer program and version you use

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi there, 

I have the same issue. I was hoping to adjust my computer screen ratio in the Huion Work area but I'm unable to. Please let me know what I can do to fix this. Thanks. 

•  Hi,

I have the exact same issue as above in that I can't drag the screen's area when trying to use my Kamvas 13 as a non-display drawing tablet on macOS, which more or less makes it impossible to use on an ultrawide screen.

Tablet's model: Huion Kamvas 13

Operating system: MacOS Big Sur 11.2.1

HuionTablet driver version: 15.3.2523

• Hi Navinaa San and André, not being able to adjust your tablet's work area on your driver may have been due to some issues when installing your tablet driver. Have you tried reinstalling it? Please follow the steps below:

1. Uninstall the current tablet driver you've installed on your computer. Make sure there are no other tablet drivers installed on your computer, whether from our company or other brands. Having multiple tablet drivers will cause issues with your tablet and driver performance.
    2. After uninstalling the driver, restart your computer.
    3. Reinstall the tablet driver. If you're using Windows, please make sure your antivirus it turned off and your tablet is not connected to your computer. If you are using MacOS, please make sure to add HuionTablet and TabletDriverAgent apps to your Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility settings.
    4. Try changing your tablet's work area again. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi again,

I tried that just now (and I also deleted ~/Application Support/HuionTablet/), but it still doesn't work.

Please see my attached recording. I'm not connected to my ultrawide monitor in this recording (only the laptop screen), but you can see that I'm able to resize the tablet-part (lower) but not the screen itself (upper).

mov
  • Hi André, thank you for the video. Kindly try these steps:

1. Connect your ultrawide monitor to your computer.
    2. Open your tablet driver and go to Pen Tablet > Working Area.
    3. Select your ultrawide monitor and on the bottom left area of the driver, please select "Screen ratio". This will automatically adjust the work area on your tablet, similar to the ratio on your ultrawide screen.

However, I believe you want to utilize your entire tablet's work area and just a portion of your ultrawide screen. This feature is possible on a Windows computer but it needs to be done manually. I will have to get back to you if this is possible with a Mac computer.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi,

Just like you're saying, I want to resize the area of the screen that is targeted by the tablet, not the size on the tablet itself (which selecting "Screen ratio" does).

If it isn't possible on macOS today, is it something that could be requested for future versions?

Thank you for looking into it! 

• Hi André, I just got feedback from our software engineers that this is not possible currently. I'm sorry about that. I've informed them that this feature has been requested and they will work on adding this feature in our driver in the future. We would just like to request for your patience as our software engineers work on this.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

ログイン コメント投稿のため