Huion Kamvas 16 pro 2.5k new pen issues.

Hi! My name is Lucy and I recently bought the slim pen that claimed compatibility with the kamvas 16 pro 2.5k, but the pen pressure is inverted - hovering over the tablet acts like full pressure, but pressing down on it reduces pressure sensitivity. Is there a program or fix to simply invert the pen's pressure functionality?

Serial code AADB9SH13849 model GT-156

• Hi, Lucy. I'm sorry about the pen issue you're having with your slim pen. I completely understand how frustrating it can be to encounter pen problems, and I'm here to help you out. The Battery-Free Pen PW550S (slim pen) is indeed compatible with Kamvas Pro 16 2.5K and other pen tablets and pen displays that use the Battery-free Pen PW517. However, after checking your tablet's serial number, I'm sorry to inform you that your tablet is the Kamvas Pro 16 (Full HD version), and the compatible pen is the Battery-Free Pen PW507. Thus, I'm sorry to say that the slim pen is incompatible with your tablet, which is why it has an inverted pen pressure. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Is it feasible to write a program to invert the pen pressure of this specific pen for a tablet Driver to make it fully compatible? 

• Or better yet, what screen tablets are ACTUALLY compatible, and will not invert the pen pressure with this slim pen?

• Hi, Lucy. Thank you for your quick reply. Here are the tablet models compatible with the Battery-Free Pen PW550S (slim pen):

1. Pen Tablets:
      1. Inspiroy 2 series (S, M & L)
      2. Inspiroy Dial 2 (Q630M)
      3. Inspiroy Giano (G930L)
      4. Inspiroy Keydial (KD200)
    2. Pen Displays:
      1. Kamvas 12, 13 & 16 (2021)
      2. Kamvas 22 & 24 series (Kamvas 22, Kamvas 22 Plus, Kamvas 24, & Kamvas 24 Plus)
      3. Kamvas Pro 13 (2.5K)
      4. Kamvas Pro 16 (2.5K)
      5. Kamvas Pro 16 4K series (Kamvas Pro 16 (4K) and Kamvas Pro 16 Plus (4K))
      6. Kamvas Pro 24 and Kamvas Pro 24 (4K)
      7. RDS-160
      8. RDS-220
      9. Kamvas Studio 16
      10. Kamvas Studio 24

I'm sorry that this cannot be fixed by writing a program since the internal parts if these two pen models are different. As you can see, the pen nibs on the PW550S slim pen are longer than those for PW507. Hoping for your understanding in this matter.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• Hi, I have the same problem, also model GT-156 - does it mean the pen doesn't work at all for this model?

• Hi Katarzyna, I'm sorry to confirm that only the PW507 pen model is compatible with Kamvas Pro 16 GT-156 pen display. If you want to use the new pen models, especially the Slim Pen PW550S, we recommend purchasing the models mentioned above.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment