Pen and Mouse randomly stop responding after KAMVAS 13 driver update

Hello. I have a Huion Kamvas 13 and the pen randomly stops interacting after being used for a while. The cursor still moves, but all other pen functions become unresponsive. Then, shortly after the pen starts glitching, my mouse becomes unresponsive as well. It only resolves when I restart my computer via ctrl+alt+delete. 

It started after I updated the driver to version 15.7.6.634 (which I did because of persistent no-connection errors). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver but it didn't work. I don't know what else to do. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Hi Jamie, I'm sorry about your pen and mouse issues. More often than not, this issue is caused by driver install/uninstall problems. Thus, kindly try the following steps:

1. Kindly uninstall your driver by following the steps in this article: How to Uninstall Version 15 Driver (Windows).
    2. After which, disconnect your tablet from your computer. 
    3. Download the driver again from this link: HUION Download Center.
    4. Before installing the driver, please ensure your tablet is not connected to your computer, your antivirus is turned off, and all your drawing programs are closed. Please follow the steps to reinstall the driver from this article: How to Install Huion Drivers on Windows.
    5. When you see the "Device disconnected" message on your driver, reconnect your tablet and test if your pen works fine. 
    6. You may also need to restart your computer.
    7. If your driver switches between detecting your tablet and "Device disconnected" message, try the following:
      1. Please connect your black USB-A cable to another USB-A port on your computer (if you're using the 3-in-1 cable). 
      2. If you're using the full-featured USB-C to USB-C cable, try to disconnect and reconnect it. Ensure to connect it securely to your computer and tablet.
    8. If you have a spare full-featured USB-C to USB-C cable, please check if you still experience the same issue using a different cable. (NOTE: Not all USB-C to USB-C cables are full-featured.)
    9. If you can access another computer, try using another computer and check if you encounter the same issue. 

Please let me know if the steps above do not resolve your issue so we can look into this further. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment