curser freezing and lost of sensitivity

Hi so I been having this problem of awhile it comes and goes however today it not going. I will draw on my W1409V2 tablet in clip paint and it will jsut freeze mid stroke with no sensitivity and then just jump to wherever I have the curser at the time. 

Done all the normal things update driver / firmare update - shutdown restart - delet drivers and reinstall - try other programs has the same problem - tried the tablet on my laptop no problem - tried the tablet wired and wireless.

Not sure what else to do I have attached a video of my problem. 

mp4
  • Hi Jaycen, I'm sorry about your cursor problem. When you said "tried the tablet on my laptop no problem", do you mean this is another computer unit you tried your tablet on? May you please provide the following so we have a better idea:

1. Your main computer's operating system and version
    2. Your laptop's operating system and version.
    3. The tablet driver versions you tried
    4. The drawing programs you tried and their versions

Kindly try the following so we'll know what caused your issue:

1. Connect your tablet to another USB-A port on your computer and ensure it is securely connected, then test.
    2. Ensure to unplug the wireless receiver if you are using the cable, and vice versa. Please do not connect both at the same time to your computer, as this can cause conflict and malfunction.
    3. Change your pen nib with a new one and test.
    4. If you have another cable similar to that used with your tablet, try using another cable and test.
    5. Uninstall the tablet driver, disconnect and reconnect your tablet to your computer, then test. 

I look forward to receiving your feedback on the above so we'll know how to proceed.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• My main computer is a desktop is windows 11 all up to date on. 

Laptop is windows 10 also up to date. 

Both where running the latest driver: V15.6.3.132

I was running it in on clip stuido paint on both machines up to date. However I have this problem on my desk top when it being run as a mouse or in other art programs. Only time it seem to run with no problems is in test programs to find faults or testing sensitivity ine the driver program

• it seem have of my comment has been cut off.

I also have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but that only work either for a time or until I start up again. As a work around I been uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them first thing when I start up the computer. 

I have replaced the nib now and I have removed the reciver however I been drawing wirelessly and then plugging it in when it runs low and keep drawing for years. But I will keep them seperated for now on.

• Hi Jaycen, thank you for the additional information. I would like to ask some questions so we can understand your issue better:

1. Do you have to reinstall the driver or restart your laptop so your tablet will work again? Or does this only happen with your desktop? 
    2. When does the tablet stop working? Does it stop while you're using it or after you leave it unused for a while? If it's the latter, how long was it left unused? Basically, your tablet would go to sleep mode when not in use for 15mins. All you need to do is tap the pen on the tablet's working area to wake it up. Or you can turn the tablet off then on.
    3. "I have this problem on my desk top when it being run as a mouse or in other art programs." - I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean by this. From my understanding, it only works like a mouse and can't draw on your art programs. But it can draw on the driver's pressure test area. If this is the case, this may be a driver-related issue. Kindly refer to the steps I've provided below.
    4. Did the tablet work well without the driver? 

Based on the information I have gathered so far, I believe the driver was not properly installed or you need to use a more recent version. You also may need to adjust your computer's USB-A settings so it won't interrupt your connection with your tablet. Thus, kindly try the steps below:

1. Uninstall the driver and ensure there are no other tablet drivers installed on your computer, whether from us or other brands. Having multiple tablet drivers on your computer can cause conflict resulting to malfunctions. 
    2. Disconnect your tablet from your computer (wireless receiver and cable), and download this driver: HuionTablet_WinDriver_v15.7.4.198. Please refer to this article on how to properly install the driver: How to Install Huion Drivers on Windows.
    3. After you've successfully installed the driver, connect your tablet using the wireless receiver or the cable, but not both simultaneously. Open the driver and check if it detects that tablet and if it does, go to Settings (gear icon on the upper-right corner) > "General" tab > click the "Administrator Privileges" button if you can find it there. If you can't find it, then you're all set. Please remember to check this part after you restart your computer to ensure that the driver is given the necessary access to your computer.
    4. On the driver still, click on "Digital Pen" then ensure "Enable Windows ink" is ticked.
    5.  After everything is set, this is when you open your drawing programs, such as Clip Studio Paint, and check if it works fine. If not, on your CSP program, click File > Preferences > Tablet > choose Tablet PC. 
    6. If your connection is still unstable, even when using the cable, your computer may have disabled its power supply to your USB port. Thus, go to "Device Manager" > expand "Universal Serial bus controllers" > select the USB root hub where your tablet is connected to and right-click on it > choose "Properties" > go to the "Power Management" tab > uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power". You can also tick "Allow the device to wake the computer" if you want to. Then click "OK" to save your choices. Repeat these steps if you are not sure which one your tablet is connected to, or if you plan to use your tablet on any of your computer's USB-A ports.

Please get back to me if you need further assistance. If you still have issues, I would like to request a video from you so you I can clearly see and understand. If it's more than 20MB, please upload it to cloud storage like Google Drive, iCloud, Dropbox, OneBox, etc then share the link here. Please ensure you remove the restriction so we can access your video.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

Login or Signup to post a comment