Solved

Using pen as cursor?

I know this is probably not an intuitive title (if anyone has a better post title, I'm all ears) but let me explain.

I have Windows 10 Laptop and Windows 11 Desktop PC I recently bought. Both have different behavior of the cursor pen. In Win11 PC, as soon as I touch the display tab and move the pen away, the cursor reset to the top left of monitor 1.  While in my Win 10 Laptop, it behaves as if the cursor move to the Monitor 2 (the display tab) and does not reset, it stays there. Is there any way to keep the latter behavior in my Win 11 PC?

I'm using mouse scroll to zoom in/out because it is smoother (smaller 18% zoom changes per scroll tick instead of 50% value changes using the shortcut). But because the mouse cursor keeps resetting at the top left of monitor 1, I can't use it efficiently without moving the cursor back to monitor 2.

Thanks.

• Hi Theo Allen, I'm sorry about your experience. Since your tablet display works fine on your Windows 10 laptop, there are 2 factors we can consider that might have caused your issue; problem with your Windows 11 PC driver installation and a USB-A issue on your Windows 11 PC. Thus, kindly try the following steps:

1. Uninstall your tablet driver from your Windows 11 PC, disconnect your tablet from your new PC, download the latest driver version from this link: Huion Drivers and Manuals, and install the latest version. While installing the tablet driver, please ensure that your tablet is not connected to your PC, your antivirus is turned off, and all your drawing programs are closed.
    2. Put away all unnecessary electronic devices to lessen the electromagnetic interference.
    3. Connect your tablet to another USB-A port on your computer. If you are using a USB hub, please try connecting your tablet directly to your computer's USB-A port.

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support

• After more investigation, it turned out to be the problem with the software itself. The software in question was PaintTool SAI 2. Under Other > Options > Pen Tablet, selecting Pen Tablet control API other than Use WinTab API would result in this behavior. I reverted back to WinTab API and it worked.

• Hi Theo Allen, thank you for the update, and I'm glad your issue has been resolved. Feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance. 

Best Regards,

HUION Customer Support